Chapter 35

Veldon spoke to Percy, "Your design is unbelievable. Put it into action. We'll make the north kingdom the most beautiful!"

"May I ask the other kings to borrow their magicians to help me build it all?"

"Of course!" said Veldon, "I want to sleep in my own bed as soon as possible."

"Right away!"

"Well done Percy."

Percy nodded appreciatively and left, bowing as Anne entered the room.

She spoke, "So much has happened."

Veldon sighed, "But out of it has come more good than bad. Love in your case."

Veldon suddenly grimaced in pain, touching his shoulder. He felt sick at the memory of what had happened. He thought back to Domitates's black hand crushing the life out of him. His tempo of breathing suddenly increased.

Anne agreed, "Stefan is a wonderful man." She looked worriedly at her father, "He can help you with that."

Veldon rejected the offer, "We can't erase every single memory of our war."

Anne thought that this was ridiculous but knew better than to argue. Rather she continued on the topic of Stefan. She said, "He has so many worries. The immortality is eating away at him"

"You'll help him through all of the worries then."

Anne loved her father and always would. They were the last two of the Archiamedia family. Their names would always be remembered.

Anne walked through a field of grass. It had appeared along with Harold's kingdom. She laughed as the grass tickled her feet and thought that she had found the lost child within herself. She suddenly whipped around feeling that someone was watching her. It was Stefan. He walked up to her. They kissed and held each other for a long moment.

Anne pulled away and asked, "Are you going to leave to try and find a way to get rid of your immortality?"

Stefan smiled at the worry on her face, brushing away a hair falling over her eyes.

"Yes," Stefan murmured as though to himself, "I like the sound of King Stefan."

Anne almost passed away at the sound of yes, but suddenly leapt with joy at the rest of Stefan's response. The child's heart within her began to beat fiercely. She was thrilled. She would spend the rest of her life with Stefan.

Anne spoke, "It's funny, we were born on the same day but we will never die on the same day."

Stefan shook his head at the thought of his 'curse'. "It's not so bad, this curse I mean. There are worse things that can happen."

"So you will stay with me no matter what? You will never leave me to pursue a hope to try and rid yourself of your immortality?"

Stefan smiled lovingly. Anne was his life. He would live for her and only her. He bent low to whisper in her ear, "I have a lot of time to live. I'm going to start it with something I love."