2- anger, and its art~ narancia x reader

request: Please do Narancia x reader while fugo left you to teach narancia

sorry i haven't updated in so long-- i had lost a bit of motivation a while back, but ive returned!

here you go!

-------------

you looked up to face narancia with a scowl after getting your phone slapped out of your hands, the lollipop tucked into your cheek clicking against your teeth as you spoke. "hey, what the hell was that for!"

"fugo told you to help me, but i haven't solved one problem yet!" he yelled, gesturing to the empty booklet of third grade math.

it was no secret you were one of the brightest members of bucciaratis crew, right next to fugo, but there was just no fucks left to give after a day like this one. narancia, for obvious reasons, preferred you over fugo when it came to math.

 for one, you were a lot more patient and didnt stab him when he got a question wrong, which was nice. he was also given a treat whenever he got more answers right than wrong, which motivated him much more than being beaten.

your mood today, however, clearly wasn't a good one, which consequently put narancia in a bad mood as well. "hey, what's got you so down?"

you harshly bit down on your lollipop as your face scrunched into an expression of rage. "its nothing, really. just gimme a sec..."

in a flash, you were out of your seat and stomping toward your room, returning to the dining room a few minutes later with a large canvas and an assortment of paints. painting, something you do when you need to calm down (though most of the times the art would be destroyed in a fit of rage).

"go on, get to working." a large paint brush attacked the canvas drizzled with brown paint, running back and forth and getting some of the paint on the table. "dont mind me."

staring blankly at you for a moment, narancia snapped out of his daze and redirected his focus back at his work. after all, you might give him a treat for working hard today!

though, he couldn't help but notice the sneaky glances you took of him, studying his features for a mere second or so before returning to your canvas with angry scribbles. narancia would never actually catch you looking at him, only finding your head turning in his direction when he wasn't looking at you.

eventually, he gave up on trying to catch you looking at him, and instead continued to work on his few math pages which were eventually complete. there was no open opportunity to present you his work, though, seeing as how you were still assaulting the poor canvas with different paints before it could even dry properly.

so he waited. 

every now and again, he would pass a glance or two at what you were working on, but he knew when it came to you and your art, one is never able to tell what the painting is of until youre done.

the minutes turned to hours, and soon enough bucciarati walked into the room with a stained top, finally returning from whatever mission he was on before. "oh, are you still doing math work? i wouldve figured youve been done by now."

narancia looked up at his capo with glittering eyes, only to look back at you as you painted. "she's at it again, so ive just been waiting here for her to stop for a bit to check my work."

the blackette nodded, clearly upset at the fact that you didnt take a break from what you were doing to check narancias work for five minutes... but, then again, the last time someone knocked you out from your painting frenzy, which was mista, ended up getting choked with a paintbrush.

so bucciarati ended up checking narancias work for him, and after two minutes of looking over his multiplication tables, his problems, and his answers, the capo gave the kid a pat on the back and congratulated him on getting a solid 65%.

you didnt hear the celebratory cheers, or the shouts of excitement, far too involved in your own little burning world as you threw splatters of different colors onto the stretched paper, growling with anger when you added your final color. 

the painting was finished, and now anyone would be able to tell what it was.

but, as per usual, when you have these fits of rage, you felt the urge to destroy it with anything you could find... and so you did.

while you went off to find a hammer, or some scissors, maybe even a screwdriver, narancia and bucciarati took a look at what you had been painting all this time, gasping in surprise to find a photo-realistic image of narancia working at the dining table, looking down at his work with a dim light shining onto him.

it was amazing, breath-taking, even if it were just a random painting of himself-- so little ghirga tried his best to hide it from you to keep you from destroying it, bucciarati beginning to scold him while saying 'its her painting, so she may do what she wishes with it.'

soon enough, you returned to the dining room with a bat in your hands, foaming at the mouth when you saw your art wasn't where you left it. "hey, where the hell did it go! i gotta wreck that piece of shit!"

now, narancia assumed you were angry at him because of something he did, since you called the painting of him a 'piece of shit'.

pouting with a hurt expression, he slowly untucked the painting from behind his back and slid it onto the table, your eyes instantly locking onto both narancia and the mirror image of him. 

"sorry for hiding it, (y/n), i just... really dont want you to get rid of this one. i like it a lot." he muttered, beginning to tremble as you thundered toward him.

"you like it that much to hide it from me, huh? are you trying to keep it?"

"well, yeah, if its ok with you-"

"you really like it?" you muttered, slowly calming down after five hours of straight rage.

"of course! you're such an amazing artist, i'd love to keep this if you'd let me!"

your growls soon died to whimpers, which eventually stopped, your face contorting to a happy expression once again. "then by all means, keep it! i dont mind at all!"

giggling like a mad man, narancia jumped out of his seat and hugged you tightly, wrapping his legs around your waist as he shouted thanks into your ear with no end (that was, until bucciarati pried him off of you).

later in the day, narancia hung the painting of himself up on the wall and grinned at the sight, sitting down on his bed to stare at it for minutes on end until abbacchio requested his help for something.

the few minutes he'd spare everyday would get longer and longer...

and soon, they became hours.

hours and hours on end of just staring at the seemingly meaningless painting.

later on, his entire wall was completely covered with all of the paintings in your room that he could find without you discovering his actions, his mornings filled with happiness each time as if the shitty day before didn't matter.

perhaps, he thought to himself, this was more than an obsession.

(lmk if yall want a part 2, like last time)

-------

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IM SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED THIS IN SO LONG

UGH

I SAW THIS COMMENT WHILE STRESS PAINTING AND THOUGHT

'omg haha angry painter... with obsessive love interest? sounds cool- wAIT'

and so here we are

i dont have much else to say, but i would appreciate it if you checked out my new fic 'over the castle walls', which is basically part 3 in medieval times lmao

thats it

leave any extra requests in the request page