12- to wait, to love ~ secco x reader

He'll wait however long he needs to.

Cioccolata said you were never coming back, or at least, never in one piece. The day you left for that mission is the day you walked out on him, some say. You weren't even ordered to go out, to collect protection fees or get rid of a few scum-- all that was said was that you were going out, and for Secco to wait for you.

And he does, quite loyally. Outside your house he waits every morning, and every night. Cioccolata is often there, too, to plant those awful little seeds in his head that you aren't coming back, and that he should give up.

He still waits a year.

You don't show up, but that's fine. Maybe you've gotten caught up in something! The boss is a very busy man, yes, and you are busy too, so perhaps he's given you one job after another. As the air runs cold and the ground freezes with winter, Tiziano brings him a sweater, and tells him it's time to leave... But five more minutes never hurt, did it?

He still waits two years.

Secco has grown very anxious by now. Did something happen to you? Are you hurt somewhere? What if you need him? Squalo says you're very strong, and that you're probably fine. He also says it's time to get off the porch and go home, as spring pops through the grass in an arrangement of wonderful colors. He makes every lasting second he waits count.

He still waits three years. 

Carne is as hopeful as Secco. He doesn't mind waiting by his side for you to come back, since after all, you promised you would! Your phone always goes straight to the voicemail whenever they call to leave you a message, asking where you are and if you're ok, but that's fine. You're probably just busy! Yup, busy busy (Y/n).... Yeah... 

The summer is awfully pleasant this time around. Secco thinks of you and your warm hugs, letting the sun play imposter to that wonderful embrace. He leaves you a few flowers he found in some shop, your favorites, of course. They're rotten after a week.

He still waits four years.

Doppio watches as dying leaves spin off of a wilting tree, the slight of a breeze swishing his hair around for a moment before it fell to relax again. He asks Secco if he still believes you're coming back. Why would he say no? Of course you're coming back! You'd never leave him behind, right?

Right?

...Right?