30. Open Book

-Cara-

"Okay, so basically we put an extra spell on these." Dev says as she hands us our daylight trinkets back.

"Its a protection spell. Now no one can track you with locator spells, except for me. My magic is the only magic that can penetrate thru the spell I've put on them." Devyn explains.

"We also put together something a little dangerous. But it's something I've mastered over the years. Mike, what I want you to do, is demonstrate. Go rip Colby's ring off, as aggressively as possible." Devyn and and Mike nodded.

He approached Colby and grabbed his hand, ripping his ring off and throwing it to the floor. All of a sudden, my necklace started burning ny neck, but only for a second and then it stopped.

"It's like linking one life to another, without actually linking your lives. Now, if either of you is in trouble, the other will know." Dev said with a smile.

"Wow Devyn, that was really good thinking." I said and Colby nodded in agreement.

"It was actually Xepher's idea. She was reading thru all the old grimoires, and pointed out to me exactly how to do it with inanimate objects instead of people. We just needed some fresh demon blood, which Mike gave us with no hesitation." Devyn explained.

I looked at Xepher and Mike, smiling at both of them. I mouthed thank you, and they both just nodded at me.

"I may not be immortal or magical, but anything I can help with?" Aaron said as he entered the room.

"How did-" Colby started.

"You compelled me, I know. I drink vervain in my coffee every morning. Your compulsion wore off about an hour ago. I know everything." Aaron explained, fidgeting a little as he spoke.

I stared at Aarons face, and tears instantly pricked at my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Aaron." I said quietly.

He nodded at me.

He smiled slightly.

"It's okay Caroline." He said, walking closer.

"I'm not afraid. I wanna help." Aaron said, with a small smile. The smile seemed a little forced, so I dont think he's really okay with all of this.

"Aaron, we all kept secrets from you. And for that I sincerely apologize. You do understand why we did what we did though, right?" Devyn asked, and Aaron nodded.

"I get it. A few months ago, I would've been terrified of all of you. I would've packed up and ran." Aaron said.

He took a few more steps into the room, slowly getting closer to us.

"I've lived with you guys for a long time. We've grown so close. If you wanted to kill me, you would've by now. I dont feel like I'm in the presence of evil. And maybe I'm wrong, and I should be running for my life right now, but in this moment I don't care. I feel safe here with you. And I wanna be able to help. I dont wanna be kept in the dark anymore." Aaron explained.

He stared into my eyes, then Colby's, then Devyn's.

"All I ask, is that you all come to me and be honest about what you are. No more secrets. I trust you, all I ask is you trust me in return."

"Jake and I are werewolves." Tara said as her and Jake entered the room.

"I'm a demon." Mike said, flashing his black eyes for Aaron to see.

"I'm a vampire, so is Cara." Colby said.

"Kat and I have both been dead before. Devyn resurrected us." Xepher said, Aaron practically snapping his neck to look at Dev again.

"I'm a witch." She said, shrugging her shoulders slightly.

"Sam, Elton, and I are human. Well, as far as I know anyway." Corey said.

"Elton and Sam are both one hundred percent human." I said while giggling slightly.

"I am also human. But just because I'm human, doesn't mean I can't be in the loop. It doesn't mean I can't help you guys out when you need it." Aaron said.

"Why did you trust them with your secret, and not me?" He asked us.

We all looked around at eachother, no one saying a word.

I turned to look at Aaron, I let out a little sigh before taking a small step towards him.

He didn't flinch.

"We know how you are about ghosts and demons Aaron. You're terrified of them. We didn't wanna scare you away. You're a really good friend, and none of us wanted to lose you." I said.

He gave me a small smile.

"No more secrets then?" He asked.

"No more secrets bud. Open book. Ask anything you want."