23. I Keep Running

-Cara-

"Cara you have to go back to him." I heard my sisters voice ring thru my ears again, but I continued running.

I'm lost in a forest a good ways out of the city. I've heard Sam talk about an abandoned zoo out here, sounds like a good place to hide out for awhile.

"Cara are you even listening to me?" Her voice rang thru again.

I stopped in my tracks and fell to my knees and screamed. Tears poured from my eyes.

"You're not real! You're dead! You're fucking dead!" I shouted as I clutched my head on my hands.

I sat on my knees in the dirt and just cried.

Why did Laura have to be right?

"Why did you let her be right?" I heard her again.

"Get out of my head!" I shouted as I thru a large rock at a nearby tree, shattering it to pieces.

"Turn it off." I heard Laura's voice chime in, damn my brains fucking with me.

"Don't you dare Caroline!" My sister fought back.

"You'll feel better if you turn it off." Laura's voice said.

"You'll turn into a monster again. Caroline, don't do that to yourself again." My sister said, and I could hear in her voice that if she were here she'd be terrified if I turned it off.

I have to be strong for her.

Don't I?

I got to my feet and started running again, searching for that zoo so I can stay there and rest.

My legs are killing me, I've been running for so long.

It's been hours since I left the house.

Colby's probably freaking out by now. He may be the only one, but it hurts to know I had to leave him behind too.

I would've asked him to come with me, cause he gets me. Except, I couldnt take him from his friends.

They're so close, they're practically family at this point. I cant take him away from that. Not when he seems so happy with his life.

And Mike, when he finds out I'm gone, who knows what he'll do.

Jake and Tara? They might just go off and kill Laura.

Shes messed with they're friends one to many times for their liking. I can tell.

"Well if Laura's gone, what are you running from?" My sisters voice asked.

"I dont know anymore Margo. I dont fucking know." I whispered to myself.

I finally found the zoo and went and found an animal cage that was still intact. I holed up in there and laid down on the ground.

This is probably the best place to me to sleep right now. Its quiet, its secluded, and the odds of anyone finding me are very slim.

It's perfect. For now anyway. I'll have to find a new place soon. Sam I owe where this is, so do a few of the others.

They'll find me if I stay here to long.

I just need a few hours of sleep before I start running around again.

I'm exhausted.