26. Won't Let You Down

-Cara-

"You dont get it Margo! They were my family! All I had left! The look on their faces when they all found out, they can hide their true feelings from one another, but not from me. I saw Corey's face. I saw Aaron's face. They'll never look at me the same." I shouted.

Shes still trying to convince me to go back. Shes trying to convince me that none of them will look at me different.

They already started to.

"I was your family once too Caroline. And I never turned my back on you. Every ripper binge. Every murder. Ever single innocent person you killed. I never left you! And now you wanna leave them, because you think you're a monster for saving your friends life? Tell me how I'm supposed to believe that when I didnt believe you to be a monster back then?" Margo shouted, sounding very frustrated with me.

"I could've put you down. I could've ended your life the second I saw you tear those kids to shreds. But you're still standing here aren't you? As am I." She finished.

Now I'm just standing here staring at my sister. It's as if she's lost her mind.

"You'll only become a monster of you allow yourself to Caroline. Don't give anyone that satisfaction. Especially not Laura." She said, and before I could even think of what to say next she disappeared right before my eyes.

"Don't turn it off Caroline. I won't be there to help you this time." Her voice rang in my head once more.

"Even in death, you're still trying to fix what I've broken. My dear sister, I just wish you peace. I want you to be free of me and everything i've done." I said quietly.

"Only you can fix what's broken now Caroline. Go home. Before it's to late."

Without a second thought, I took off sprinting towards the city.

My feet moving faster than they ever have before.

All of a sudden I stopped myself.

I can smell it.

I can smell the blood of a wolf. The blood of a demon. And the blood of a vampire.

I stand as still as possible as I breathe in the smell.

Laura's blood has been spilled.

But so has Colby's and Tara's.

"Fuck, I need to get home. Now."

I took off sprinting again, the smell of their blood getting stronger. They're close. They're in these woods somewhere.

"They got hurt looking for you. You need to find them Caroline. And you need to end Laura's life. For good." Margo's voice boomed inside my brain. Louder than ever.

"I wont let you down Margo."

"Don't worry about me. Don't let your family down."