13.) Tell Me More

-Cara-

We arrived at the beach and met up with everyone.

They're all having fun down by the water except for me and Mike.

He decided to stay back with me on the towels to keep my company since I won't go near the water.

"So I have a few questions about your kind that I've always wondered but no one would ever answer for me. Think youd be willing?" Mike whispered just loud enough to be heard.

"Depends what you wanna know." I said back with a smile.

He chuckled and leaned back and rested on his hands. He jerked his head forward causing his sunglasses to fall over his eyes.

"Every legend you ever read about vamps says they must avoid sunlight. But you're the 3rd vampire I've seen walk in the sun. So what's the deal?" He asked and I giggled and pulled a necklace out from under my shirt.

"This is my daylight necklace. It's made with lapis lazuli. It was enchanted by witches to stop the sun from harming me. If I take it off, I'll literally burst into flames." I explained.

"Does it have to be a necklace?" He asked.

"No. It can be anything. Ring, braclet, earrings. As long as its lapis lazuli anything can be turned into a daylight trinket." I explained.

"Huh, thats interesting. It must be hard having to deal with stuff like that. Like transforming into this immortal creature when you were just a normal, not supernatural person." Mike responded.

"When I turned, it was the worst day of my life. I remember waking up in a cold dark room with just a little sunlight peeking through the curtains. And as soon as I went to open them to figure out where I was-" I started explaining, but Mike cut me off.

"You burst into flames?" He asked. And I just nodded.

"Anything else you wanna know about my kind?" I asked him.

"Can you really turn into bats?" He asked me and I bust out laughing.

"Absolutely not." I laughed.

"No theres no bats or sleeping in coffins during the day. That's all legends to make us seem scarier than we really are. Most of us are harmless. Most of us only feed on those who consent." I explained.

"Like Elton?" He asked.

"Exactly like Elton." I replied.

"I have one more question, and I'm honestly not even sure if you'll have an answer for me." He spoke.

"I just might. Try me."

"What's a Ripper?" He asked me.

I winced as the word fell from his lips.

Ripper.

"Sorry, seems I've struck a nerve." Mike said softly.

"A Ripper is just a vampire who has no humanity. We have almost like a switch in our brains. We can turn it all off. No emotions. No feelings. Not all vampires who turn it off turn into a Ripper tho. Some of us just turn it off momentarily if something bad happens to us or to someone we love. But others, Rippers, once they turn that switch off, they fall into bloodlust. They feed, and kill for sport basically." I explained and he looked at me in awe.

"Have you ever met a Ripper?" He asked me.

I winced again.

"I used to be one."