36. Lost Hope

-Cara-

I swear I have covered every inch of this city over the past two days, and we have yet to find this other Aaron.

Or Colby.

Its like after Elton saw them they just vanished into thin air.

No calls. No texts. Not a single thing leading me to believe that he's even still alive.

Devyn can't even locate him because when she tried, he must've been on the move, and quick, because the map showed that he was everywhere.

"We can always try a different approach. Like maybe-" Sam started saying. It's the same thing that's been coming out of everyone's mouth lately and we're still no closer.

"Can you all stop saying that? What else is there for us to even try? Maybe we just have to accept the fact that Colby is fucking dead." I snapped, slamming my hand on the table infront of me.

"We can't think like that Caroline." Elton chimed in.

"Really, can't we? Because we should've heard from him by now. I should've heard from him by now. He wouldn't just leave without saying anything." I shouted back.

All eyes on me.

I think I just said what everyone has been to scared to say the past few days.

"Maybe he's just not in the city anymore. That doesn't mean he's dead Cara." Elton said, trying to remain calm.

"If that were the case a locator spell would've still worked. No matter where in the world, it would've found him." I snapped.

"We can lose hope, c'mon Cara. Don't be like that." Mike said and I just shook my head and everyone.

"I already have. I lost a little bit when we couldn't find him in the city. I lost more when the locator spells all failed. And then a little more once his phone started going straight to voicemail. I don't have anymore hope to give. It's gone. He's gone. It's time we accept that." I shouted, as tears threatened to fall.

But I won't let them.

I can't let them.

Once they start to fall, that makes this entirely real. Something none of us can come back from.

If I start to feel to much emotion, my first instinct is going to be to shut it all off. And I swore I would never do that again.

"I can tell by your face, your head is spinning. Don't do anything rash Caroline. Don't let it get to you so much. Why are you so dead set on the fact that he's dead? Maybe the other Aaron isn't bad or evil in anyway. Maybe something came up, like an emergency, and Colby just can't come home yet? Maybe he's dealing with his own shit and will waltz back in when he's done. Maybe he's doing it to keep us safe. We don't know. We can't know. But spiraling isn't going to help in anyway no matter what the out come is. C'mon dude. Are you really just gonna give up on him? That's not something you do to someone you love." Sam shouted very defensively.

"Yeah, keep in mind you're not the only one in this room who loves him. We all do." Aaron said calmly.

"None of us are ready to give up. So why are you?" Sam asked.

"Because I've been around a hell of a lot longer than you. I know how this ends and you all just need to accept that." I snapped, before storming out of the house.

I can't believe this is happening.

I found happiness after all these years, and its crumbling right infront of my eyes.

I can't take it.

Not again.