8. Reveal

-Cara-

We drove back to their house in silence.

Not a single word spoken between Mike, Jake and I.

All that was heard was the sound of our breathing.

Not even the music on the radio could be heard.

When we pulled up to the house, Jake climbed out of the car first. I was about to but Mike grabbed my arm.

"Wait, we need to discuss something first. Jake just grab what you can and head in. We'll get the rest in a minute." Mike yelled out to him.

Jake nodded, knowing exactly why Mike wanted us to stay out here alone.

Jake grabbed two boxes out of the trunk and walked away without a word.

"I can explain everything. Everything you saw back there. I can-" Mike started to say.

"You're a demon." I said without breaking eye contact.

"You're not afraid?" He asked.

"Did you know about Laura? Ya know, that shes also a demon?" He asked me before I had time to answer his first question.

"Yes I knew. I'm not scared. I have a secret too, but I'm not ready for everyone to know. Mine's a little different." I explained.

"Does anyone know?" He asked.

"Elton does. He heard Laura and I fighting about it one night when he was over. He swore he'd take it to the grave." I explained and Mike just nodded.

"The real reason Elton told me not to go into the kitchen the night of the party, is because he was scared of what would happen if I saw or smelled blood." I explained.

"So it doesn't make you squeamish?" Mike asked.

"No. It doesn't." I said, revealing my fangs and my dark eyes.

"Woah." Mike said.

"You're a vampire? That's so dope." He said and I just shook my head.

"That's what got me kicked out. Laura thought I was gonna go on a killing spree. I don't drink human blood unless necessary. I survive off animals. You can't tell anyone. I'll get there eventually." I explained and Mike nodded.

"Safe with me. No worries." He said and I smiled.

We both climbed out of the car without smother word and grabbed what was left in the trunk.

As we approached the door Mike stopped, and whispered to me.

"Just for the record, I'm not the only immortal one in there. I cant say who, or what they are, just know that when the time comes that you tell your secret, you'll be welcomed with open arms."