24. Margo's Return

-Cara-

Footsteps.

I hear footsteps.

They're off in the distance. A good half mile away from me, but they're getting closer.

It's not the boys, or the girls, I'd hear their voices.

And its only one person. One set of footsteps.

They can't find me here, I'll look like either a homeless girl, or I'm gonna look like I was kidnapped and being held here.

Either way, that's to many questions for me to answer.

All of a sudden the footsteps stop, and a cold gust of wind blows straight at me giving me chills.

I got to my feet and climbed out of the cage and tiptoed over the dirt and leaves below me.

I keep feeling the need to look over my shoulder.

I'm being watched.

I can feel it.

"Hiding here isn't going to solve anything Caroline." Margo said.

And for some reason, her voice didnt sound like it was coming from in my head this time.

I heard her with my own two ears.

I feel like an idiot looking around for her. But I know I heard her.

That wasnt my brain messing with me.

"Margo?!" I shouted.

"Over here Caroline." I heard her from straight ahead.

I took off in the direction I heard her from. But theres not sign of her yet.

I stopped in my tracks and waited for her to tell me where to go next when all of a sudden I felt a tap on my left shoulder.

I turned around and came face to face with my sister, who had been dead for half my life.

"Margo?!" Without thinking I wrapped my arms around her. I could feel her. I smell her. She was real.

"Dont do this to your friends Caroline. Go back home." She said as she released me from our hug.

"I can't." I whispered

"Why? Because you're a vampire? Caroline, if they didnt want you there they would've made you leave the second they found out." Margo said

"You didnt see the look on Corey's face before I left. Hes terrified of me. Elton almost died because of me. I've spilled enough blood already, I dont wanna do it anymore." I said, a tear spilling from my eye.

"No, I didnt see his face then. However, I did see his face when when his girlfriend summoned me to find you. He's the one who asked me to bring you home. A lot has happened in the short time you've been gone Caroline. Let me show you." She said, a small frown present on her face.

She reached forward and touched her fingers to my temples, everything around me faded out.

Next thing I knew, her and I were standing in the house.

I could see Corey sitting in the kitchen, exactly where he was when I left. Tara standing next to him, and Jake hovering back a little further, but it's like they cant see me.

"Because they can't. We're not actually here Caroline. I just need you to watch them. This is right before Tara told everyone you left."