6. I Need Help

-Cara-

I sat on a park bench and just scrolled through my instagram for a minute before getting a message from Laura.

I'm seriously done this time. You have a 24hrs to get the remainder of your stuff out of my apartment. Hope all your new friends are willing to help you as much as I was. You're gonna need it.

I just rolled my eyes and left her on read.

I grabbed my stuff and started walking towards Elton's, hoping he would let me crash there, at least for the night.

I dont wanna sleep on this park bench. Not fun.

I took my time getting there. Enjoying the fresh air. The breeze in my hair, and the smell of the city. Which smells like hot garbage by the way.

What could've taken me a few minutes ended up taking me nearly an hour because I kept getting side tracked by stuff along the way.

I walked through the gate and approached the door.

I knocked and waited for an answer.

"Hey, what's up Cara?" Sam answered the door.

"Is Elton here?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No he's with Aaron at the store." Sam said and I hit my breaking point then and there.

I wanted to see Elton. I needed to see Elton.

Tears rushed to my eyes and my lip quivered.

Realization that I had lost my best friend finally hit me.

"Hey. Hey what's wrong?" Sam asked me, as he forced me to look at him.

"Laura kicked me out. I have a day to get my things. I have no where to go." I sobbed as Sam pulled me in to his chest.

"Colby! Come here!" Sam shouted

"What is it dude?" I heard Colby yell from the other room.

I heard his footsteps approaching rather quickly.

"Sam what's going on? Is everything-woah. Caroline what happened?" He asked as he approached us.

"Her roommate kicked her out. She has no where to go. We gotta talk to Elton. See if she can stay here for a little while." Sam said for me.

"I'll call him hold on." Colby said jogging out of the room.

"Come inside Cara. We'll sort this out." Sam said while walking me inside with his arm still over my shoulder.

He walked me into the the living room and sat me down on the couch.

"I'm gonna go grab you a tissue and some water. I'll be right back. Want me to grab Kat to come sit with you? Or Devyn and Corey? They're both here. I think Jake is here with Mike somewhere too." Sam rambled on.

"I just dont wanna be alone." I cried back to him.

"It'll be quick. I'll be right back." Sam said as he ran out of the room and up the stairs.

Shortly after I heard what sounded like a herd of elephants running down the stairs. When I looked up everyone was in front of me. The only people I don't see are Xepher, and Tara.

"Sweetie, don't cry. Elton will let you stay don't worry. Colby is talking to him right now. He's on his way home. He'll be here in like ten or so minutes. It'll be fine." Devyn said as she sat down next to me and wrapped me in a hug.

"Do you need anything?" Jake asked.

"I need someone to come with me to get the rest of my stuff. Laura only gave me a day to get it all out. And I cant do it myself." I said while wiping my tears with the tissue Sam brought me.

"We can all help Cara. No problem. As soon as Elton gets here we can head over there." Mike said and I nodded.

"Thank you guys. I hope I didnt ruin your plans by coming here." I said sadly.

"Don't worry about it. We were all just sitting around. This is more important."