2. Likely Friends

-Cara-

Elton and I continued to sneak through the crowd, while he held my hand and guided me

"Colby!" Elton yelled, I'm assuming he found who hes looking for.

"Hey Elton what's up? Who's your friend?" The guy, I'm assuming named Colby, asked.

"Remember the girl I met at the beach? This is her. Caroline, meet Colby." Elton introduced us.

"Its Cara. Why do you insist on using my full name?" I asked him while laughing.

"Because I do. Deal with it." He cracked back at me. I rolled my eyes and just shook my head.

"Here I'll make it fair, my names actually Cole. Not Colby." He said sticking his hand out.

"Nice to meet you Cole."

"You too Caroline."

I rolled my eyes again.

"You meet Jake yet? Or Devyn?" He asked me, I shook my head.

"No, we were looking for them but can't find them." Elton said.

"They're out by the pool with Tara and Mike. I can take her out if you'd like to enjoy the party some more." Colby said

"Sure, if Cara doesn't mind." Elton said looking over to me.

"Not at all. Enjoy the party Elton. I'm sure I'll be fine with Colby." I said.

Colby grabbed my handed and he took me outside to the back of the house where the pool is.

Theres a group of people chilling on the edge with their feet hanging in the water.

"Sup losers. Elton invited a friend and wants me to introduce you all." Colby said, as he practically dragged me over there.

The two guys stood up and walked over to meet us halfway.

"Hey I'm Jake. This our bud Mike." The boy with white hair said.

They both look like my kind of people. Dark and mysterious.

"Tara, Kat, Dev c'mere." Jake said.

"Coming babe." I heard one of the girls say.

"This is-" Jake said signaling to me, realizing I never said my name.

"Cara." I said filling in the blank.

"Hi. I'm Tara, Jake's girlfriend." She said smiling at me.

Shes so short and cute. She reminds me of my sister back in the day. She was four years younger than me, but unlike me she wasn't turned. She lived a full life and died peacefully with me by her side.

"I'm Kat. Sam's girlfriend." The girl with blue hair said.

"I'm Devyn, Corey's girlfriend." She a little bit more preppy looking than the others, but she still seems really nice, and obviously not judgement if she hangs out with the others.

I dig these people. I'll fit in just right with them. I can be my dark and mysterious self without looking out of place. Other than the fangs. Still gotta hide those.

"Xepher is around here somewhere too. She's my girlfriend, but when you meet her. You'll totally love her." Mike said and I nodded.

"Nice to meet all of you."

"Can we get you anything? A drink maybe?" Tara asked me.

"Got any whiskey?" I asked, and Colby made a quiet howling noise.

"A girl after my heart, follow me."