12. What's Mine, Is Yours.

-Cara-

I popped my head out the door to see if Colby was anywhere around me right now.

I moved my hair out of the way so I could hear him better.

Sounds like hes downstairs.

Phew.

I speed walked down the hallway to my room and closed the door behind me.

I started digging through my boxes of stuff to find my bikini. I know I brought it, I just dont know where it ended up.

After I found it I put it on and slid on some shorts.

I sat down at the mirror and started blow drying my hair, which is a task in its self because I have so much of it.

I swear, Im just gonna hack it off one day.

After my hair finally dried I pulled it up into a bun.

I threw on some make up, and I know what you're thinking.

Who where's make up to the beach?

Me, a vampire who wont be going into the water. Do you know how many people and animals bleed in that water? Thousands.

What happens when vampires smell blood?

Bad things.

Bad things happen.

So I'll keep my distance, in the sand.

"Cara, you almost ready?" I heard Colby ask through the door.

"Yeah, I just need to put a shirt, socks and shoes on. I'll just be a minute." I replied.

I heard his footsteps walk away from the door as I dug through my clothes and found a black crop top to wear.

And then I started to think about it getting breezy later on. I dont have anything with long sleeves with me.

Shit.

I wandered down the hall a little and found myself outside of Colby's room. I don't think he'll mind if I borrow a hoodie or something.

But I better ask first.

I walked over to the little balcony part of the hallway and yelled down to him.

"Hey Colby?"

"Yeah, what's up?" He responded as he appeared below me.

"Do you mind if I borrow a hoodie or a flannel or something? I didnt get a chance to pack any of mine." I explained.

"Not at all. I'll be up in a second." He said before walking off from where he was stood.

I soon enough heard him coming up the stairs.

"Which would you prefer, zip up, pull over or flannel? Or just a long sleeved t-shirt?" Colby asked as he opened his bedroom door and I followed him in.

"I guess a flannel." I replied.

"Alright, I have an oversized one that I think you'd look cute in." He said, and then he turned away from me, but not before I saw his cheeks flush red.

"Here ya go." He said handing it to me out of the closet.

"Thanks Colbs." I said putting it over my shoulders.

"Anytime. You dont need to ask, just come in here and take whatever you want out my closet. What's mine, is yours. It'll all probably look better on you anyway." Colby said, cheeks still red.

I smiled at him for a moment, and watched as his eyes kept moving down to my lips.

"Are you ready to go?" I interrupted his thoughts.

"Oh yeah, let's go."