10.) Checking In

-Cara-

"Hey Cara? You awake?" I heard Colby outside my door.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked.

"Can I come in? I wanna talk to you." He said and I just slightly rolled my eyes slightly.

It's been three days since things went south with Laura.

I've been in this guest room the entire time. I haven't moved from my bed.

Elton brings me food, and hes been letting me drink from him while I'm in my depressive rut.

"I guess so." I said quietly.

He slowly opened the door and closed it behind him.

He tiptoed over to the bed and sat down at my feet. I sat up son I could meet his eyes a little better.

"You haven't come out of this room in days. Are you okay Caroline?" He asked me.

"Peachy." I replied with no emotion.

"That's a lie. Elton keeps bringing food up here. I haven't heard this bedroom door open other than that." He pointed out.

"Not true. I've used the bathroom." I retorted.

"No shit. You know what I mean. When was the last time you saw sunlight, other than through the window? When was the last time you socialized with anyone other than Elton? When was the last time you showered? When was the last time you did anything other than lay in this bed?" Colby rattled off questions.

"The last time I left this room I found out I had a demon as a best friend." I replied and he frowned at me.

"Mike or Laura?" He asked.

"Both. How am I supposed to trust anyone?" I asked, even though we all know I'm just as guilty.

"Mike's harmless. Don't let the black eyes scare you. He's a good guy." Colby said.

I just slowly nodded my head.

"Get up and get showered and dressed. We're all going to the beach for the day, and then Hollywood later on for a night out. We all need to let loose a little." Colby said and I shook my head.

"I don't know Colby." I replied, weary of what might happen.

What if I see Laura? What if she has her other demon friends with her and the expose me? I cant deal with that.

Not now.

I have nowhere to go if she would be low enough to do that.

I'd lose everything.

My friends.

My new family, if I can even call them that.

I know Mike and Elton are always here, but everyone else could very well run away and never speak to me again.

"What if we see Laura in Hollywood?" I asked.

"C'mon Caroline. We'll all be there. You'll be fine." Colby said.

"Yeah but it's not like Mike can just flash his demon eyes and save my life again. There's gonna be way to many people around." I argued.

"If we see her we'll leave. Even if it's just you and I, if the others wanna stay and have a good time. I'll get you home and we can do something else to pass the time till they get home. Like the pool or hot tub, or netflix, or rocket league. Anything you want." Colby argued back.

He's very persuasive.

"Ugh, fine. But if I wanna leave at any point, you better not argue with me. When I say I'm done, I'm done." I explained and he nodded his head with a smile.

"Deal."