Chapter 7

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a good time celebrating!

Thank you for your the comments about the characters (and all the other comments), I loved reading them all! This chapter will include a lot of Nathaniel. So all you Nate lovers should be pleased (I hope lol). It's also a bit longer than the other chapters..

Also, I have a little surprise you can read about at the end of this chapter..

I was thinking Matthew Perryman Jones - Only You would be perfect for this chapter. Check it out if you want. >>>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff went to open the cells, but a very pissed Andy appeared out of nowhere and blocked his path.

His face turned red with rage, “Are you seriously letting him walk away? After everything it took us to get him in there..”

“Alpha’s orders, can’t go around that,” Jeff shrugged.

“Alpha’s order my ass! I know why you’re doing this. She just has to bat her eyelashes and you’re at her feet! It has always been that way, but this isn’t the time to give your little princess what she wants. You’re putting everybody’s safety at risk,”

“Andy, if you don’t move out of my way, I swear to God..”Jeff started to say.

I didn’t let him finish. “Enough!”

“Shut up everyone, the princess has spoken,” Andy snorted and folded his hands in front of his chest.

That was the last drop. I was sick and tired of Andy undermining my authority. I put both hands on Jeff’s broad chest, pushed him aside and walked up to Andy. I grabbed him by his collar and yanked him up.

“Don’t you ever talk to me or about me like that! I didn’t ask for your damn opinion. You do as I say, if you don’t like it than go join another f*cking pack! The next time I won’t be as civil, Andy. And this conversation isn’t over.” I didn’t like this side of me, but Nathaniel looked like he thought otherwise. A smirk was plastered on his face.

Jeff finally opened the cells, but stood at the entrance standing straight and holding his head high.

“The warning still counts,” he spoke through clenched teeth before stepping aside.

“I bet it does,” was all Nathaniel said. He stepped out of the cells with a smile playing on the corner of his lips. I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders and had to fight myself not to smile back.

I took in his well built body and cute face as his half naked body towered over me. I had to lift my head to be able to look him in the eyes. Inappropriate thoughts filled my head as his eyes met mine. The smirk on his face grew wider and told me that he knew exactly what I was thinking. I felt my face heat up. Damn mate bond, messing with my hormones. Haley, stay focused. I had to remember myself.

I turned away from him facing the door and started walking. “Come with me. And Jeff, don’t follow.”

Jeff wasn’t letting it go easy and followed us out of the basement. “If you think I’m leaving you on your own with this monster, you’re wrong.”

What the hell is wrong with these men and taking orders? Can’t they just do as I say without making a scene? If you were a man they wouldn’t even think about following you. My wolf was beyond irritated.

I took a deep breath and decided not to put more time into it. Nathaniel was finally free and we had a lot to discuss; I didn’t have time for these boyish games. My wolf snorted something that sounded like wuss, but I ignored it.