Nathaniel's POV

I noticed that I don't use the option to dedicate the chapters much. I think I only used it once so far. That's why i'd like to start by dedicating this chapter to @breathetolove Thanks for reading this story and commenting along the way!

I didn't want this POV to be as short as the mystery one, but it turned out to be the longest chapter I posted so far..

Steven R. McQueen as Nathaniel Cooper >>

Calvin Harris Ft. Ne-Yo - Let's Go >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathaniel's POV

“We’ll let them know about the other situation when you’re ready. Alright?” I assured her.

“Thanks, I know it’s not what you asked for,” she said avoiding my gaze. The painful expression that crossed her beautiful face wanted me to punch myself in the face. If I hadn’t stormed out of her office earlier she wouldn’t doubt me right now.

“You’re more than I asked for,” I said before I placed a lingering kiss on her lips even though seconds ago she told me she wanted to take it slow.

I wanted to show her with that kiss how much she meant to me and that I wasn’t backing down. I pulled away to see her cheeks turn pink. That innocent look of hers alone made my wolf go wild. I needed to leave before my wolf would make me complete the mate bond here and now. She wasn’t ready yet and I had to respect that. She was my mate, I would do everything to make her happy.

“See you tomorrow, sweet cheeks.” I willed myself to turn around and walked back into the woods.

When I was out of sight I turned around to see her still lingering in front of her house staring into the woods with a content smile. Seconds later she turned around and got inside.

After I was sure she was safely home I undressed and shifted to my dark blue wolf. It was an unusual color for a wolf, but my dad told me when I first shifted that I inherited it from my great grandfather. Apparently it was some sign of power. We were the strongest pack in the US so I guess that could've been true.

While I was running back to my territory I tried to avoid being seen by any of her pack members. Even though I had permission to be in their territory I had to be careful if I wanted to respect her wishes and keep us a secret. Sneaking around in the middle of the night on their territory couldn’t exactly be explained as a business meeting between two Alpha’s. It could, but not without raised eyebrows.

I thought about how eventful this day has been- getting captured, meeting my mate, being rejected by her and then accepted, in a way. I had to smile a little at the thought of being captured by my feisty little mate. It was her scent that got me caught in the first place. I was travelling from a neighboring pack to ours when I came across a hint of her scent by the unclaimed territory.

After dismissing the pack members that were travelling with me I followed the smell of aroma that seemed to have both my wolf and me in some kind of trance. The only thought that occupied me at that moment was; find out who that scent belonged to.

Since I was in some kind of drugged up state it was easier for them to capture me. That actually put a dent in my ego, because I was supposed to be one of the most powerful Alpha’s of the states. Although, finding my mate softened the blow a little.

My feisty, stubborn little mate.

My lips tugged up in a proud smile, proud that I could call her mine. I couldn’t wait to complete the mate bond and have her by my side all the time. I already hated the distance between us. The fact that I was creating more distance between us with every step I took, made it even worse. I had to fight my wolf for control, because all he wanted to do was turn around and go back to our mate. I pushed my legs further and tried to focus on the run only.