Chapter 3

I thought it might be a nice way to start the week with a new chapter. Hopefully you'll like it. Enjoy!

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE & FAN!

Xx. H

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I woke up with Jeff pounding on the guest bedroom door. "Wake up. We have a lot of work to do!"

I groaned in frustration.

"I can hear you whining, even through a soundproof room. Get your ass out of bed and meet me in 10 minutes downstairs." I heard him say on the other side of the door and head down the stairs. Time to get up and face the day, I guess..

I got up and went to my room across the hall. When I opened the door I saw that it had returned to its old state. The only thing that showed a sign of yesterday's mess was the crack in the wall. My mother came in the room and caught me staring at it.

"I'll get it fixed today," she said while looking at it. I gave her a quick glance over my shoulder and then back to the crack.

"Leave it," was all I said.

"Why?" she asked confused.

"Is my room still soundproof?" I asked ignoring her question.

"Yes."

"Then there is no reason for it to be fixed. I want it to stay like this."

I knew it seemed silly to her for me not wanting to fix the crack in my wall, but it made sense to me. That's what matters. It reminded me that even though I had to act all tough and cold on the outside, that I was still hurting on the inside. My room was off limits for everyone anyway. Only my mom came in my room and Jeff only entered with permission. That meant no one would even see it. The families that lived here weren't at home when it happened, so only my mom and Jeff knew what was going on.

"Do you want to sit down for a proper breakfast or do you want it in your office?" she asked, interrupting my inner rant. There was a hint of concern in her voice, which surprised me. After the way she spoke to me yesterday I was even surprised that she cared.

I realized I was being hard on her when I knew she must be in a worst state than me. Losing a mate is like losing half of your soul. I was acting like a selfish little girl, that needed to end now. I was going to take responsibility of the pack and in a way she was right. A leader doesn't show weakness. I never saw my father cry in all the years he was Alpha. Not even when his parents past away.

"I'll take just a coffee in the office. Jeff's waiting to start with the work." She nodded and left my room, leaving me to get dressed.

I entered my father's study, that was used as an office for pack business. It will always be his study even if I'm Alpha Female now. I remember when I couldn't sleep I would come down at night to find him working or reading in his chair. As a little girl I would sit on his lap while he finished reading a book.

As I got older I would come down, take a book from his bookshelf and starting reading next to him in comfortable silence. He would glance at me a couple of times giving me a warm smile. I think I would miss those moments the most. The moments that weren't filled with meaningless words, but filled with feelings like love, comfort, safety..

Jeff was sitting on one of the couches. The study was big enough to easily fit over 20 well built werewolves. He noticed I was a little hesitant to sit on the desk chair where my father used to sit on. He motioned for me to sit on the couch opposite from him, instead of the chair. The memory of my mother saying to me that I can't show weakness came floating back. I glanced between the couch and the chair. I let the coldness wash over me when I took a seat on the chair behind the desk. Jeff widened his eyes in surprise for a moment, but then rearranged his expression.