Chapter 31

Another longer chapter than usual <3! Enjoy!

Imagine Dragons – Bleeding out 

----------

This was the moment I had been waiting for, coming face to face with my father’s killer and making him pay for what he did. It was time for me to take revenge for my father’s death and to extinguish the fire burning inside me.

He was coming. Joshua was coming.

After hanging op on Brian I stayed glued to my spot. I didn’t know how long I stayed there. It could’ve have easily been half an hour or maybe five minutes, I really didn’t know. All I knew was that this was probably the only chance I had to get my revenge.

For almost a year now I felt like I couldn’t breathe properly because I still couldn’t process my father’s death. My wolf was angry all the time, which caused me to snap at others without meaning to. I just felt powerless.

Finding my mate helped a lot with dealing with the pain, but his presence wasn’t enough to fill the gap my father left. That made me feel guilty for not being able to give him a full hundred percent of my heart. But that was going to change. I was going to free my heart of its misery.

I knew I wasn’t going get my father back by killing Joshua, but it felt good to finally be able to do something about it, to finally make him pay for what he did.

And it wasn’t as if he didn’t deserve what was coming to him. As if killing my father wasn’t enough for him, he turned against his best friend and Alpha, and to top it off he kidnapped my mother. She was the only parent a had left and I was willing to do anything to safe her. Even if she hadn’t been mother of the year.

But first things first, I had to make sure Jeremy stopped feeding Joshua information. It was already too late to use Jeremy against Joshua. From what Brian told me, we had about two hours to get ready before Joshua attacked. So we had to work fast to get everything ready.

I dialed Ray’s cell phone number and right after the first ring he picked up. “Alpha, how can I help you?”

“You can help me by locking Jeremy up,” I quickly spoke through the receiver.

“What? Why?” Ray asked, sounding shocked. Jeremy was a close friend, so asking him to lock him up wasn’t easy. I guess it was time to test Ray’s loyalty to the pack.

“Brian will fill you in. Right now I need you to find Jeremy and put him behind silver bars. And also double the rounds near the boarders,” I ordered.

“Alright,” he answered firmly. Ray knew something serious was going on so he didn’t question me any further.

I walked back inside my bedroom to see Nathaniel was still sprawled out on the bed. That was another thing I had to deal with. I had to tell Nathaniel that he had a traitor in his pack, in our pack.

Jeremy was in a difficult position. He had a family and Joshua was probably still threatening him with them. That made me understand Jeremy’s decision to work against the pack, but it wasn’t something I could forget.

My eyes focused on Nathaniel. I wanted him to have just a little more of peace and quietness. Because I knew the moment I would wake him up there would be no turning back.

I had a hard time getting closer to him to wake him up. What I really wanted to do was to leave Nathaniel sleeping and go after Joshua myself, but I knew I couldn’t do that to Nathaniel. If something went wrong he would be left unprepared. Besides I already felt guilty enough for taking care of Jeremy without telling Nathaniel about. I didn’t need to add more to his list of betrayal.