Chapter 8

I REALLY loved reading your comments! Every single one of them! Especially the one's where you guess what might happen or who the evil mind is. It shows me how involved you are with the story, which i'm grateful for. This is the very first story that I published on line and reading those comments encourage me to continue.So thank you all for encouraging me to write!

This chapter continues where chapter 7 left off.. Enjoy!

A picture of Crystal Reed as Haley Marshalls at the side (you can imagine your own Haley of course if Crystal doesn't fit the picture).

Wakey!Wakey! - Almost Everything >>>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were laying on the ground staring at the dark sky and the moonlight that shone through the dark grey clouds. The only sounds we heard were of the leaves brushing against each other when the wind blew past them and now and then the sound of little animals running around.

A question was playing in my head and for a moment I wondered if it was worth ruining this beautiful moment for. It wasn’t like we could do this every moment we felt like it, like other mate couples.

“How do you do it?” I asked anyway and kept starring at the sky.

“Do what?” Nathaniel asked genuinely curious.

“Keep your emotions under control. I mean, I know you have a lot on your plate and I’m not making things easier. Still you manage to put everything aside like you’re the most carefree person on earth,” I said turning my head around to face Nathaniel. His eyebrows twitched into a frown.

A slight blush of embracement crept up my face. I can’t believe I just asked him that.

“You’re overwhelmed by your feelings, aren’t you?”He asked for confirmation with a worried look taking over his features.

I just nodded and bit my lower lip to keep the tears from falling, breaking my mother’s number one rule; don’t show weakness. His face held a sympathetic look and a second later he looked like he just finished a very hard puzzle.

“That is why you had an anxiety attack earlier tonight,” he said more to himself. “You only recently became Alpha Female, right. It’s because you’re a new Alpha.” He raised himself up on one elbow.

“Again with the Alpha thing. Here I thought I was because I was mourning over my father’s death and you’re tell me it’s just some Alpha thing messing me up.” I left out the part of me also mourning over my mate’s absence, all though I had a feeling he already knew that part.

“It’s both. When you become an Alpha everything increases. Not only your strength and all your senses, but your feelings too. The first couple of weeks you get overwhelmed by your feelings, but with you it’s probably longer because you’ve been through a lot,” he said and sighed.

I got up to a sitting position and he followed my example. “You have to be focused on your emotions to control them, if you don’t focus and fight for control your wolf takes over. If you’re distracted or if you have too much emotions going through you it gets even harder to gain control. Once your wolf completely takes over there’s no turning back,” Nathaniel explained.

The conversation fell silent, I took the time to let it all sink in. It was good to know that I wasn’t losing my mind or becoming weak; it wasn’t in my hands. That was probably the reason why I was so confused all the time and jumping from one plan to the other.

“Maybe you were right,” he said breaking the silence.

“Hm?” I looked at him confused, because I couldn’t remember saying anything. Oh God, did I just say all those things out loud?