Chapter 16

This one is for all the Nate&Haley lovers. Hope you like it!

Don't forget to leave a comment with your thoughts, vote if you liked it and check the Facebook page in the external link out!

<3!

Kelly Rowland Ft. Nelly – Commander (Remix) >>

One Shot details at the end of the chapter!!

-----------

Chapter 16

"Maybe we should complete the mate bond," I spoke softly and was grateful that he could not see the embarrassment on my face. We were lying on my bed with my head resting on Nathaniel's shoulder and his arms securely around my waist.

"What makes you say that?" he murmured against my hair.

"I was thinking.." I started to say when he gently pushed me off his chest and turned me to face him while I continued talking.

"Maybe completing the mate bond won't interfere with our search and you deserv-." His lips were on mine instantly, cutting my sentence off when he realized what I was going to say. His kiss was soft and gentle, shutting me up successfully.  

He pulled back too soon for my liking and looked more serious than I have ever seen him before. "No, you were right before. It will interfere with the search. I'm really close to finding out who is behind all this, but if he found out that I am you're mate he might slip away from under our noses and plan an early attack. And we both deserve a future together, but I don't want to risk having that chance by rushing in to things because I couldn't keep it in my pants."

I smiled slightly at his choice of words and he placed another soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you, Haley. I fell in love with you the first day I laid eyes on you even with the silver bars between us. And I will spend a lifetime loving you, even longer if possible. But first we have to get the a**hole that killed your father and betrayed me. After that we can build our lives together and have our happily ever after. Besides I want it to be special for both of us and not rush through it all."

I think my brain only registered the 'I love you' part. It was the first time he said those three words, no wonder I stopped listening after that. I knew he loved me and he showed it too, but I never heard him say it in words.

"Say it again," I said smiling brightly. For a slight second he looked confused, before he realized what I was referring to.

"I love you," he spoke the three words again near my lips. He pulled back a little, "Please tell me that you didn't stop listening after I told you that I love you." He knew me too well. I gave him a sheepish look and he shook his head at that. "Doesn't matter. I have a whole lifetime to tell you how much I love you," he shrugged.

"You do know that you said you love me four times already in like two or three minutes, right?" I grinned.

"And not once did you say it back," he said mocking hurt. He straightened up and leaned against my bed frame with arms folded in front of his chest, waiting patiently for me to answer. He tried to look serious, but the glint in his eyes told me otherwise.

"Was I supposed to say it back?" I acted confused and shrugged like I didn't care. I tried not to look at his broad chest that screamed 'touch me' and focused on my nails instead.  

He shook his head again with an amused look on his face, "I don't know. You tell me."

"I don't think I have to say it," I joked. "I only need to hear you say it. The rest isn't that important," I said, waving my hand dismissively.