Chapter 12

A dedication to @Midnightdust for reading the story in one day and giving a good description of it.

I'm updating earlier because i couldn't keep you waiting anymore;).

Paramore - Monster >>

Steven R. McQueen - Nathaniel Cooper >>

--------

I was getting more and more irritated by the grumpy old werewolves sitting in front of me. Yes, grumpy! I really didn’t know how my dad used to put up with the elders of our pack. I knew they were giving him a hard time too sometimes, because they once ruled the pack, but how he managed to stay calm while dealing with them was beyond me. They were nosy, obnoxious and most of all, grumpy! 

“You’re being irresponsible. You know nothing about Alpha Cooper and yet you trust him enough to involve him in the search for the killer,” Richard, one of the grumpy elders, was motioning with his reading glasses towards the door, as if Nathaniel was standing right behind it.

Old and stupid, how about that.

“Did you forget that a couple of days ago he was a suspect,” he continued his rant.

I looked at Jeff for a little support, but the look on his face told me he was siding with them. He still didn’t trust Nathaniel. Traitor, my wolf thought.

“What if he’s the attacker? You just gave him a free pass to our land. Does the safety of our children mean nothing to you?” Marcus joined in the conversation.

I didn’t know if it was because of the fact that they didn’t trust my mate or because they didn’t trust me. Either way, both my wolf and I were losing our patience.

“I understand that my decisions may seem irresponsible and senseless from your point of view, but I guarantee you that they aren’t. Everything is well thought out with the safety of the pack as number one priority,” I tried to reason with them, even if I didn’t really feel the need to.

I would rather kick them all out. Literally.

It wasn’t that I didn’t understand their concern about the pack, because I did, but it was the way that they expressed their concerns that annoyed the crap out of me. I just couldn’t tolerate their lack of trust in me and my wolf wasn’t too happy either about the way they were talking about our mate.

I felt Richard’s mood change slightly as he found yet again the courage to contradict me. I held my hand up and glared at him in a ‘I dare you to speak’ kind of way. His parted lips instantly snapped shut. That’s what I thought. 

“If mister Cooper had plans for taking over this pack he would’ve already done it by now. Like I said, I understand your concerns, but I won’t tolerate the tone you’re using towards me,” I snapped, raising my voice with each word I spoke.

“Don’t forget that I am the Alpha of this pack. You’re opinions are more than welcome as long as they are expressed in a respectful way. At the end of the day it is up to ME to decide what to do with your opinions,” I spoke the words that I should have said a long time ago.

Alexander, who had his arms resting on both armrests of his chair, spoke for the first time during this meeting, “You really are your father’s daughter.” A smile played on his lips. “He is probably looking down right now with a proud smile, mimicking the one on my lips right now, saying ‘that’s my girl’.”

His words made my eyes tear up, but I managed to keep the tears from falling. Tears were a sign of weakness, right. He rose from his chair and bowed his head in respect for me before he walked up to me.