Chapter 14

You guys are seriously AMAZING! I can't thank you enough for the comments, messages, votes, reads, etc.!! I really appreciate your support!

-----

I walked side by side with the bimbo, called Lindsey, to Nathaniel’s office. The clicking of her heels echoed through the halls. Images of me grabbing her by her hair and lifting her up from the ground to stop her damn heels from clicking filled my head. I shook my crazy fantasies away and scolded myself for being a hypocrite yet again. I stopped Brian’s crazy thoughts earlier, that meant I had to stop my own revengeful thoughts too. At least until I found out who was responsible for my father’s death. I blocked my pack out of my mind just in time before all these thoughts ran through my head.

My eyes darkened at the memory of someone killing my father right at the same time Lindsey turned her head in my direction to say something. Her eyes met mine and she let out a small gasp.

“I thought only Nathaniel could do that?” she said bewildered.

“Well, think again,” I snapped and looked her straight in the eyes.

We stopped walking and she met my gaze with shock still written on her face. I let my wolf surface to let her see the depth of my wolfs black eyes. She tried to act tough, like she wasn’t scared, but my ability told me otherwise when I felt a faint of her fear going through me. Even if I didn’t feel her fear her facial expression would have given away that she was scared shitless.

She took a step back and cleared her throat. “The office is this way,” she motioned her hand towards the end of the hall. I pushed my wolf with a lot of force back before she could do any damage to Lindsey. I had to be careful with letting my wolf surface. I was becoming a lot better at keeping her in control, but I wasn’t completely there yet.

“Lead the way,” I said, faking a smile. We continued our walk to Nathaniel’s office in silence.

When we reached his office Lindsey opened the door and motioned for me to go in first. I was a little wary about turning my back on her, but I had no doubt that I could take her down if I needed to, even if she had an advantage.

I walked to the sitting area of the office and sat on one of the chocolate brown couches. Look around, I took in the interior of Nathaniel’s office. The room had an old but beautiful look to it. There was a big wooden mahogany desk with a matching bookshelf’s. The coffee table next to the couches was also made out of wood and above it hung a classic chandelier. The open assembly of the chandelier made it look bigger than it was. All in all, the office gave a sophisticated impression.

The strong scent of Nathaniel hung around the office, indicating that he spend a lot of his time in here. We were not that different after all. His scent was mixed with some of his pack members who spend also a lot of time in here, but I could easily separate Nate’s scent from the rest. His scent reminded me of the smell of the forest after a rainy day. I took a deep breath, letting his scent fill my nostrils to help calm myself down.

Lindsey shifted her position on the couch. That made me remember she was also in the room. I didn’t even see her taking a seat, but then again my mate’s alluring smell had me in a daze. I suddenly started to feel awkward around her after being aware of her presence. I glanced in her direction and her facial expression gave away that she was feeling just as awkward.

“You don’t look like an Alpha Female,” Lindsey said scrunching her nose a little. Maybe that was her way of dealing with awkward situations, by being flat out rude.

“What did you expect? Half naked guys lifting me in my portable throne everywhere I went,” I said sarcastically.

“No, I did not expect you to be that special. But for starters, I thought you’d be kind, not rude,” she frowned.