Chapter Sixteen: Whatever You Like

It's at times like this that I wished that I had a normal life. That I knew how to be a girl.

I had rushed from Raven's apartment into my own and immediately got in the shower to rinse the sweat from my body and hair. Yet, now I stand within my massive closet with clothes for days in a towel and no idea what I should wear.

Blake hadn't been specific when he told me to get dressed up, but basically everything in here screams "dressed up" to me. Just how fancy does he want me to be? I can feel a panic attack threatening to overwhelm me, but then I hear a key sliding into the lock of the front door before it opens.

"Blake, is that you?"

"Yeah, beautiful." His footsteps come closer, no doubt following the sound of my voice. "Hey, what's wrong?" My facial expression must be giving away my anxiety over the task.

Not wasting a minute to put this on him, I cry out. "I have no idea what to wear."

When he lets loose a burst of laughter, my frown intensifies. There is nothing funny about this situation. I want to look good for him. Not have people laughing behind his back to have me at his side. I don't think Blake would care either way; I know he cares for me, but I want this for him. Myself as well. I've hidden for so long in the shadows. It's hard to break out of them, but since I was rescued from my stepmother things have been looking up. Most of that is because of Blake, as well as the other guys I've met while living here. But my relationship with Blake, whatever it may be, is deep and strong and I want to let him know how grateful I am to him while also making him proud of the person he is shaping me to be.

That may be a lot to try and convey in an outfit and probably why I'm having such a hard time, but I've never been one for fashion. This is all new to me. I have no idea what looks good together or what is classified as fancy. Wish I had a fairy godmother or a guru to help me out.

"Sorry, beautiful, I didn't mean to laugh. You just sounded like a typical girl in that moment and it caught me off guard." He chuckles a bit more before focusing on me. "Maybe I need to have Gabe come over and give you a fashion lesson when he has time. Give you a crash course in being a girl. I'm sure he would love it." Blake is mumbling to himself, but I still hear him. Instead of commenting, though I would definitely like a crash course, I turn back to peer around the closet for what I think would look good.

"What exactly are we going to do?"

"Well, I don't want to overwhelm you too much for your first date, so I thought we'd do lunch out together then maybe hit an early movie. Then if you are up to it, maybe a walk around the park?"

"That sounds perfect. So something casual, but still nice enough to wear around town?"

"Yes. Jeans and a cute top will be fine. I'm sorry if I made you freak out."

"I think I would have had a minor freak out no matter what you would have told me. I'm just so excited plus I want to make sure I look worthy enough to stand beside you." My words are whispered while I blush bright red.

Blake comes and gently takes me in my arms. "Sang, you could be wearing a burlap bag over your body and people would still think you were too good for me. Your joy and pureness radiates from you like a beacon for all to see. Please don't ever think that you are not good enough. You are more than enough. Always."

"Thanks." My blush just got redder, but I will myself to only enjoy his arms around me for a moment more before kicking him out so I can get ready.

"Take your time beautiful. I'm going to freshen up as well."

The weather outside was still quite warm, but I had a feeling I would get cold in the restaurant and maybe even the movie theater. I'd been having that problem at school.