Chapter Four: To the Rescue

I'm not exactly sure how much time has passed but know it's had to have been several hours. The light that usually streams through the window has disappeared and been replaced by the moonlight.

My body is sore from being in one position for so long and my skin feels as if it wants to flake away from the continuous onslaught of water. Movement outside the window catches my eye. The breath I'd been having difficulty taking in hitches within my throat. My heart rate escalates. I could have sworn I just saw Blake outside, but that would be impossible. He has no idea where I live.

Realistically, I mean it wouldn't be hard to deduce where if he just followed the direction I always arrived from. I just don't understand why he would come looking for me in the first place.

Then I remembered our meeting earlier today. He's leaving in the morning and I promised to see him tonight. He must have been concerned when I didn't arrive by our scheduled time.

I try making noise to draw his attention back to the window. Seconds later his magnificent face appears in the window pane. Tears of relief flow from my eyes. I'm so happy to see him. Yet petrified.

What if my mother sees him?

What would she do to me then?

When I hear a clicking noise, I'm shocked to see Blake beginning to slide open the window. My head shakes frantically back and forth. He cannot come in here. It will be a disaster. I just wanted to see him. Let him know there was a legitimate reason why I didn't show up to meet him. That I hadn't abandoned him for whatever reason he may have conjured up.

Not that I really want him to know what happened to me at home, but that I would never purposely blow him off. Blake now has the glass all the way open and seems to be contemplating what to do next.

I don't decipher what his decision is until I see him pulling himself through the opening. I never thought that window was very large but he is somehow able to manage to fit through.

He maneuvers his way down but loses his hold at the end and falls into me, catching both of us quickly before a sound could be made. It's in this incident that Blake finally becomes aware of the whole situation he's seemed to have found me in.

I watch as his eyes dilate once he takes in my naked form. The anger that darkens his features when he notices the restraints, and then the sorrow I know he feels for not doing something for me before now.

When I see the guilt that he places solely on himself, my body comes alive to comfort him. I can't allow him to place this upon himself. Even though I never allowed the torture I endured at home to be present at our rendezvous, I had a feeling he knew more than he let on. It's why I never showed my pain. I never wanted him to look at me the way he is now.

I let him see that in my eyes now. I tell him how this isn't what I wanted us to be about. That I'm fine despite what has been done to me by my own family. I regard him until I see him take a deep breath in and dismiss all those emotions, leaving only determination.

He pulls a small knife from his jeans pocket and sets to work relieving me of my bindings. My hands fall limply to my sides and a groan of joy slips free. When he has my legs undone, I try to stand on my own, but they have been tied together for too long. They are useless.

Blake seems to understand what the problem is and comes up with a solution. He strips himself of his shirt and pulls it down over my head, assisting with getting my arms through the sleeves.

He places his index finger over his lips indicating for me to remain silent. Unsure of what he plans to do next, I give a slow nod and a quirk of my eyebrow. Next thing I know I'm being shoved through the open glass. I barely conceal the shriek of alarm, but clamp my lips together to hold in any sounds.

I land in a heap on the ground, shrubbery slicing across my bare legs. My hands and feet push me enough to scuttle away in order to make room for Blake to land. He gracefully crouches near me and is up a moment later.

When he notes that I'm falling behind, he picks me up and fashions me around him like a vest. Legs wrapped around his waist, arms tossed around his neck. I burrow in as much as possible so he can see around me and try to hold on tight. I don't want him to lose his balance because of me.

We finally come to a clearing in the woods and I notice a dirt trail not far from it. He takes this path that eventually leads to an old broken down cottage. Parked outside is an expensive looking black vehicle.

Blake produces a set of keys that unlock the car with a small beep. He carries me to the passenger side and slowly lowers himself into a position that will allow him to place me into the awaiting seat.

Looking at him in confusion, he brings himself closer.

"I'm taking you home with me."

The elation I feel is enormous but I will not show it. I can't get my hopes up just yet.

"I knew there was more to you Sang, but never in a million years, did I imagine that you were going through something like that. No more. I can take care of you far better than those people ever have."

Tears stream from my eyes and my body relaxes in contentment.

"Get some sleep, beautiful. It will be a long drive."

With those words, he closes the door softly and makes his way to the drivers' side. I don't make it out of the woods before my eyes fall shut.