Bonus: Brandon's POV

I know what he's doing.

He thinks I'm stressing about our relationship with Kayli.

When he informed me we had the day off, I didn't think much about it. Thankfully, I would have a day to rest. However, suspicion set in when he wanted to spend the day with me. We haven't hung out together in a while. Sure, we live together, but that isn't the same. Usually, he is busy on his laptop or out with Raven, a development I was glad to see finally come to fruition. He'd been hiding away a part of himself for far too long. Something I believed he would always do, especially when Kayli had sunk her claws into us. I could see the way she would put herself between him and Raven, even if no one else saw it. She didn't like the relationship they had, not even as it hadn't developed yet. Everything had to be about her. Be the center of attention. That hadn't been what I signed up for. Not what I'd been looking for in a partner, a relationship.

So, while he would be correct in his assumption, it wasn't in the way he was assuming. Quite the opposite to be honest.

I'm fine with her leaving us. She seems happier being in a relationship with only Kevin. Yes, she thinks we don't know about her sneaking out to see him, but she's not as smart as she likes to believe. Or as clever. Sometimes I think she forgets we're Academy. It's in our job description to be observant. But that isn't the point.

We knew going into this relationship that things would get complicated, it was inevitable, but we promised to talk through them. That hasn't been happening. Instead, we are pushing the issues aside. Allowing ourselves to be consumed with our work and letting things slide to the wayside that are slowly eating away at us. It's time we do something about the animosity taking up residence within our apartments.

I think we need to have a family meeting with Kevin and Kayli present to express our feelings. God, I sound like a whiny bitch. My scowl deepens at my thoughts. I feel as if I've become a hormonal teenager. I just worry about my brothers. Even if I believe we are all on the same page, except maybe Marc, we have to clear the air. Bring out the dirty laundry for everyone to see. While I believe us five are all on the same page, or close to it, we have to make it known to one another. Figure out what needs to happen so I can get my family back and start living again instead of whatever it is we are doing now.

Starting from this moment on.

Tonight, I'll talk to Axel. See what he has to say.

I see Corey abruptly stop as if someone ran into him. When I look down, my breath hitches in my chest.

That is one beautiful girl.

Usually, I don't entertain the idea of dating younger girls but for her I'd make an exception. Which is just ludicrous. I'm not even out of my relationship with Kayli, yet here I am making plans of replacing her with the first beautiful girl I see.

I observe her take a step away from Corey and feel slight jealousy that he had his hands on her. I would love to feel those curves beneath my fingertips.

My gaze slowly runs down her body and I try not to appear as a complete and total perv. She has curves in all the right places. While she isn't very tall, how she dresses herself makes her legs appear to go on forever. They look as if they could wrap themselves like a boa constrictor around my waist and squeeze until I was giving in to her demands. The thoughts pop unruly and take on a mind of their own, falling down the rabbit hole of each and every fantasy I could see us playing out.

I can feel my pants tightening uncomfortably, something that hasn't happened since I was a teenage boy first hitting puberty and dirty magazines. The realization has me getting myself under control quickly. Even if she was interested, I wouldn't make a move until I'm a free man. I deplore cheating. No matter the circumstances.

When I hear her squeak out a hello, a smile graces my face. The noise is adorable and so uniquely her. The thought has me wanting to know more about her and all the sounds she can make. Sweet, savory, or funny, it doesn't matter. It seems like it's been forever since I've been entertained by someone. And never someone as cute as this blonde little fairy in front of me.

I will definitely be speaking with Axel tonight, but in the meantime, there is no reason not to show a little neighborly hospitality.

The idea has me wondering what floor she lives on. We usually get a memo when new members move in. The last one we received was for Blake Coaltar and he moved across the hall from us. Now that I think about it, I remember seeing Gabriel coming in and decorating for Blake, but it didn't seem like what I'd assume he'd prefer. It was more on the feminine side.

I narrow my eyes with my line of thinking. I really hope she isn't dating Blake. There isn't anything wrong with him, but I would like to spend time with this girl. Can't do that exactly if she has a boyfriend. My interrogation will have to be subtle.

Looking at Corey, I see his attention is already on me. A radiant smile showing his pearly whites aimed at me. Whatever is going through that devious little mind of his cannot be good. And it's aimed solely at me.

Well shit.