Chapter Five: Home Sweet Home

I stir to find that we have stopped inside a parking garage. Very few vehicles litter this level, but they all seem expensive, even the black motorcycle I see stashed between two cars.

Hearing a car door slam, I turn to Blake and see that he has gotten out and is heading toward my side. I haven't unlatched the seatbelt before he is there to assist me out.

My hand clutches at his and my nerves begin to fray at the unknown. When he gives me that award-winning smile of his and a small squeeze to my fingers, my anxiety calms slightly at the reassurance.

Taking another look around, even though there isn't much else here, I contemplate where we could be. Instead of trying to figure it out, I simply ask my savior. My mystery boy. My Blake. Heat rises to my cheeks, but I quickly duck my head so he doesn't see where my thoughts have taken me.

"Where are we Blake?" I ask softly and curiously.

"This is your new home Beautiful."

My eyes widened at his announcement. Home? The concept is so foreign to me. I know I had a place to sleep before but I would never call it a home. I can feel the tears welling and desperately try to blink them away. I don't want Blake to see the way those words have affected me.

Of course it's an impossible feat. Blake seems to see everything. Instead of commenting on my demeanor, he wraps me up in his arms and allows me to let my emotions get the best of me. Not once does he utter a word, just lets me cry out everything that has happened. When I finally calm enough to look up at him, which I'm sure is a face full of snot and redness, he simply kisses my forehead and trudges his way to the elevator banks.

I don't know what I did to deserve someone like this boy, but I will forever be grateful for whatever higher power that put Blake in my path.

We've been at Sergeant Jasper living in the new apartment for two months now.

When we first arrived, no furniture whatsoever decorated the place. Blake had told me that he had contacted his boss in the Academy to let him know about our situation. He also asked for assistance in setting us up with a place to live. Thus, we ended up with this apartment.

I was nervous in the beginning to be moving in with him. Would he expect something from me? I shouldn't have been worried though. It has been absolutely amazing.

Blake has been keeping me under the radar so I haven't met a lot of people. I've heard a few guys at our door before, but Blake never invited them in. He's told me it's so I can adjust to everything without being bombarded with everyone. Whatever that means. I know he means well though, so I don't question it. Not even when he is gone and the knocks are still there.

He does have to leave for periods at a time for Academy missions but he always tries his best to get back as soon as possible. The Academy is something he's only discussed with me in small details. I haven't been approved yet for further information, though Blake says he's hoping that changes soon. Something about an adoption. Again, I trust him and don't question his reasoning.