Chapter Twelve: Sweet Cuddles

"It's okay Beautiful. I've got you now."

I feel us move further into our apartment before he sits us down on the couch. I'm perched across his lap, his hands rubbing comforting strokes up and down my back. I feel the cushions beside us dip and turn my head to see that Brandon followed in behind. He brings his hand up to wipe away a tear that just fell.

"Doll face, it's fine," he quietly tells me.

"It's not that. I'm just so happy to see Blake."

The chest under me shakes with laughter. I pull back to glare but it doesn't hold any heat. I really am happy to see him. I feel like it's been forever since I've seen him. I wrap my arms around his neck and squeeze tight. He huffs but pulls me in closer and holds me just as tight.

"I missed you too Beautiful," he says into my ear.

We stay this way for a few more moments before Brandon breaks the moment.

"I should leave you guys to catch up. Doll face, we will talk about what happened today later or another day. Okay?"

I look at Blake and decide that I want to get it over with now. I don't want it lingering in the background during our time together. I want uninterrupted time with Blake for as long as I can get it.

"Do you mind if we just did it now? I really don't want to wait."

"Not a problem."

He sits back down and turns to face us both. I move to get off of Blake's lap but he just re-positions me so it isn't as awkward for me to see each of them.

"Why and how can you track me?" I blurt out.

Brandon shares a look with Blake and I instantly know that he was a part of this as well.

"When Blake bought your phone, he asked Corey to set it up so that you could be located at any time. It was just a safety precaution. We never intended to use it."

His face pleads for me to believe him. To accept that they were just doing what they thought was right. I can't really fault them. Especially Blake. He knows what I endured with my family. He probably wanted to be able to get to me as quickly as possible if anything out of the ordinary was to happen.

"Why didn't you tell me my phone was capable of it?"

Again looks are exchanged.

"Beautiful, I told them not to tell you. It was something that was just there. It wasn't ever meant for use. You know it's there now though."

I don't want to let them off easy, but I don't want to stay mad at them either. I love that they are looking out for me. Even without my knowing. It warms my heart.

"Okay, but if anything like that happens again, I want to know. When I say that, I mean you installing technology or any other item near me for whatever purpose. I need to be able to trust you."

I don't mean for my lip to start trembling, but it does.

"You are all I have left Blake," I whisper so quietly I hope it isn't heard, but he does. Of course he does.

"Beautiful."

"Doll face."

Both names come out from the two different guys near me. I raise my eyes just barely to look up at them from under my eyelashes.

"Doll face, that's just not true. You have Corey and me now. Are we not friends?"

I look into his eyes to see the sincerity of his statement. Along with a vulnerability that I'm not sure what to do with.