Chapter Nine: Complete Humiliation

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I just ran someone over with my dancing. Someone huge if my suspicions are correct. My hips are straddling his to the best of their ability, but they don't even reach the ground below his body. Heat rises in my cheeks, as well as other parts of my body, but I have my eyes squeezed tightly closed and I'm terrified to open them. Not only to see the look on this stranger's face, but also Brandon's.

I know he never went back inside his office after showing me what I was allowed to touch. He had told me that there was nothing that I could hurt in here but I made him choose a set of tools and a vehicle that I could mess with. I wasn't taking any chances. This was how he made money and there was no chance in heck I was messing with that. While I wanted to play around, I didn't want to cause problems for him. In no way, shape, or form. Therefore, that meant he had to show me what was okay to mess with in the first place.

The first song that came over the speakers he had placed throughout the shop sucked me in. I didn't know the artist or the words, but I could feel myself getting lost in the rhythm. I'm prancing around, aware but not noticing, Brandon watching me. If I'm honest with myself, I enjoy having his attention on me. Something about the way the song makes me feel empowers me, makes me throw my inhibitions out the window, and just feel the beat. Honestly, I'm not even really listening to the words.

The thoughts that were running through my head should really not be there. I wasn't ready to be in that type of situation. Was I? Plus I don't even know if Brandon saw me that way. This is all in my head. Not his.

My head was so focused on my wayward thoughts that I didn't see the second person enter the shop. Didn't notice this person had decided to cross my designated space until I was upon them. By then it was too late. I couldn't stop my momentum.

Next thing I know, I'm sprawled across a hard body. One that takes every ounce of my willpower from feeling up. I can feel the muscles rippling underneath the surface. He seems like raw power personified.

I scramble to pull myself off of him. Any longer and things would become awkward. For both of us. My eyes barely take him in before I'm apologizing.

"I am so sorry. I didn't see you there." My voice is clearly full of embarrassment.

"No problem baby. No damage done."

My cheeks heat further at the term of endearment. Accompanying that with his deep, bold, and demanding voice that holds an edge to it, I'm surprised I don't spontaneously combust. What is it with all the hot guys? Does this city have something in the water? It seems everywhere I turn, I stumble upon a devastating human being in the form of the male species. I don't think I'm quite ready to jump into that pool just yet.

Braving a look at the owner of the voice, I examine him closely. He is decked out head to toe in black. Black combat boots encase his feet with black jeans clinging to his legs. His black shirt looks as if one wrong move will rip it right down the middle. His shoulders are wide and strong. I bet he can lift a lot. He vaguely looks familiar but I can't quite place from where. Pretty sure I would remember coming across him before.

I continue my inspection and my breath hitches when I look upon his face. If this was any other situation, I would run screaming. He has a scary look about him. Thick brows rest above dark eyes. A broad jaw that seems to be permanently set in anger. Dark hair falls slightly into his eyes. His entire demeanor screams don't mess with me and I can feel myself taking an involuntary step back.

My eyes scan for something else to focus on, spotting a gold hoop earring in his left lobe and a necklace with the Japanese symbol for brothers wrapped around his neck. I concentrate on this. Wondering how many brothers he has. Do they all look like him? I bet that is a scary sight to behold. Pretty sure I would faint, or pee myself, if I had more than one of them looking at me with the scowl.