Chapter Thirteen: Cruel Summer

Fever dream high in the quiet of the night
You know that I caught it
Bad, bad boy
Shiny toy with a price
You know that I bought it

Fever dream high in the quiet of the nightYou know that I caught itBad, bad boyShiny toy with a priceYou know that I bought it

     "Harry," She gasped. "You monster!"

     The girl bent down to her ex boyfriend and caressed his face that was turning colder by the second. He wasn't breathing. Or thinking.

     Strong arms from behind where she sat grasped her back and lifted her off the ground. She was lifted into the air and held into the arms of who she knew was Harry.

     He walked quickly down the steps. She was tight in his arms, and he hadn't the slightest intention of letting her go. Not to bring her home, or to let her stay at Niall's, he wasn't letting her go. She'd had enough for one night, and was probably scared out of her mind- judging by the relentless kicks he received to his back, not one putting him off balance. There was somewhere he needed to be. Somewhere she needed to be with him.

     "Lou. I need you and the boys to take care of a body. Bathroom to the left." Harry growled at his best friend, to which he only became confused.

     "Har, why the fuck did you kill somebody? It's literally our off day. I don't think you-"

     "It was Calum." Harry argued, giving him no time to finish. Louis nodded firmly, his face hardening, and walked off to speak on the situation with most likely Ashton and Niall. 

     Harry held Ember even tighter, if possible, as he approached his large black vehicle. He pecked her head, much to her dislike, and walked around to the passenger side. He opened the door, placed her in, and buckled her up. He wasn't stupid- he locked the doors too.

    He sat in the drivers seat and started the car. His eyes focused on the road- contradicting his past driving techniques. Ember was sat beside him, face towards her lap. Internally, he was scolding himself. He never wanted to kill someone in front of Ember. That was against his own rules.

     A moment of silence followed their set-off. Ember had no desire to talk to a murderer. None in the slightest.

     "He fucking lied to you." Harry said, following even more silence. He took this as an invitation to continue. "He said he was drunk, when he cheated on you, that was a lie. A fucking lie, he had been with that girl for-"

     "You don't think I'd have guessed that? You didn't think I knew?" Ember urgently yelled back at the man, silencing him, but also angering him. "I could've handled it- I would've gotten you, or Niall, if it got serious- but I was okay!

     I mean, sure, he lied, but does that give you the fucking right to kill him? To murder him? He was innoce-"

     "There is nothing, I mean nothing, innocent about Calum Hood. I don't even want to hear that come out of your mouth, because HALF the things he had done would scare you to your death." Harry counter-interrupted her. He was pissed. She was, first of all, being rude, second of all, cursing, and third of all, testing his dominance. He didn't like that.

      There was more silence. It was deafening, really. She was resisting the urge to scream her head off, and he was resisting the urge to pull over and put the girl in her place.

   "Where are you taking me..?" she spoke timidly, after a short while.

     "Home, pretty girl." He spoke sweetly now- having no need to be rude if she would be polite as well. They both calmed down a lot after their fight.

     "You missed the turn for my house a minute ago." She spoke, getting increasingly defensive.

     "I'm not taking you to your house, baby, I'm taking you home. To my house." He softly smirked as he reached over to place his palm on her thigh.

     She looked over at him in alarm. This wasn't happening. Surely she was just imagining this, and she'd wake up in her comfy bed after a long party with a pounding headache.

     "No- no, take me... take me home. I need to-"

     "I am, sweet girl. Your new home." Harry spoke softly from beside her, slightly stroking her heated, bare thigh with his calloused fingers.

     As she began to have a small anxiety attack, he pulled into the large driveway of his home and punched in the code. He took notice of her irrational breathing pattern, and stopped the car. He unbuckled his seatbelt, opened his door and ran speedily around to the other side to repeat the same actions. His strong hands picked the smaller girl up and placed her on his lap. She instinctively grasped onto the man, unmistakably radiating warmth, and held on tight to him.

     "Follow my breathing, baby. Listen to me. In... and out. Just like that. Atta' girl.." He praised the crumbling girl as she breathed in and out shakily, but definitely with him. His fingers stroked her soft hair and his other hand held her close to him.

     He walked back over to his side, still holding her to him. and started driving. He could see fine, he was a great driver. She didn't care- she just wanted to hold onto him longer. The girl shamelessly grasped onto him tighter, making the man swell with happiness. Also slightly get a boner.

     He parked his car and walked in the estate, his black shoes clacking on the floor under him. He approached the large, red staircase and slowly stepped up, keeping her stable.

     When he finally reached his own bedroom, he placed her on the black satin sheets. She shivered and held out her arms, wanting to be held. She was exhausted. Harry slipped off her party dress, and put a shirt of his over her head. she snuggled in it and inhaled his woodsy, but fragile scent. Harry, himself, slipped off his shirt and pants, dropping them on the ground, and climbed into the bed with her. He wouldn't have usually, but she needed him.

     She snuggled closer to the large man, and tucked her head into his chest. He pulled her tightly against him as well- and they together fell asleep with the soft rhythm of the other's breaths.

Hang your head low
In the glow of the vending machine
I'm not dying
You say that we'll just screw it up in these trying times
We're not trying