Chapter Eight: Dancing With Our Hands Tied

(hey queens! this is a fun chapter kind of not !

side note- y'all are not ready for when i bring in all too well sjdjsjejjdi)

I could've spent forever with your hands in my pocketsPicture of your face in an invisible locketYou said there was nothing in the world that could stop itI had a bad feeling

Picture of your face in an invisible locket
You said there was nothing in the world that could stop it
I had a bad feeling

Ember sat at her kitchen table with her face in her palm, staring out the window. Her mind was somewhere else, far away from where she was. She had a lot to think over.

She was still wearing her outfit, even at this late at night. A short coral colored dress with a cardigan over it, but she still felt freezing. She would normally be in bed by 11, yet as the clock strikes four; she knows she's not sleeping tonight.

All she can think is: I want to know what's going on. Something happened tonight, something unusual, something unordinary. Calum has a lot of explaining to do.

Their date was fun for the most part. Ember didn't like the swing one bit, though. It was too fast and she felt like puking. Calum won her a zebra stuffed animal, but that thing has been long forgotten. God knows where it is, probably still on the dirt. It was still a nice gesture on his part. They went on the ferris wheel last. That's all she can remember. The moment of panic as she sat at the top of the wheel, frightened that it would fall over and she would fall with it to her demise. She's always hated them. It was his fault that she was on it.

It wasn't the ferris wheel that made the night so dreadful, it was what occurred after it. They stepped out of the neon pink cart and looked far off into the parking lot. Calum had gotten stressed when they got on top of the ferris wheel, because apparently he'd already seen the big black vans parked outside. He was in trouble, for some reason.

Calum wearily looked down at her, unsure what the plan was. He thought for a moment, but then instructed her to come with him and to not listen to what the people say. She argued at first, but he put his foot down. It was her life or her patience.

Calum knew that these were people he worked with. He could literally see Luke and Harry leaning on the side of the van as they talked. He picked Ember up (a/n: it's weird ik just roll w it) and held her head to his shoulder. He didn't want her to see this.

"Look who finally showed up, jackass. What's taken you so long?" Luke scoffed at Calum.

Calum only rolled his eyes and turned to Harry, who oddly had his eyes trained on Ember. She couldn't see him, and she'd be glad that she couldn't too. Calum found it suspicious, but Harry was a weird dude. It wasn't suspicious enough to say anything.