Chapter Five: Enchanted

(a/n: i haven't updated in forever lmao soz bot this chapter is like 300 words more than usual ❤️ I hope that makes up for it

it's still trash tho HAHA so whatever)

This night is sparkling, don't you let it goI'm wonder struck, blushing all the way home

I'm wonder struck, blushing all the way home

    To say that Ember was scared would be an understatement. She had spent the rest of the weekend pacing back and forth in fear. She would busy herself with little unnecessary tasks to delay the terror, such as cleaning her room. She cleaned the whole house, for that matter. As a distraction; she dyed her hair a pretty golden-blonde color. Harry, however, wasn't there to see it.

     He had taken into consideration how much of a risk it was to go and visit her bedroom window each night. Blinded by attraction, he allowed himself to obsess over the poor girl. It was also more likely that Niall would watch his every move. Niall hadn't let Harry out of his sight for the past 2 days, and they were equally sick of it. Long story short: Harry wasn't going to be seeing her for a long time. For the better, he'd thought.

     That meant that he still had no clue Ember was aware who he was. If he did know, he'd be ashamed he didn't find out sooner. The blonde girl lie awake at night, dreading going anywhere ever again. It was a reoccurring fear that he would show up unannounced. Multiple times she had to coax herself that Niall wouldn't let her near anyone who could hurt her. But did she really know Niall as well as she thought she did? Apparently not. She didn't know he befriended a famous criminal, what else was there to know about him?

     She finally convinced herself to get out on Sunday morning. It wasn't much, but she asked Niall out to coffee. He instantly accepted, but said he had to bring his friend with him. Ember nearly faked being busy to get out of it, but Niall hung up before she could say anything. She was going to see Harry again. Well, probably.

     That morning she paced through her empty halls fearfully. In her head, she would make herself out braver than she really was; insisting to herself that she was going to face this monster of a man head on. In truth, she wasn't completely sure how she would last more than five minutes in the same room as him.

You would think that Ember would be over it by now. That the whole "gang leader" thing wouldn't have taken such a toll on her - that wasn't the case. She had a past with gangs, and not a good one. It was hoped that the word "gang" wouldn't have to be said around her at all. That's impossible, so she had to stop herself from having a panic attack each time it was mentioned. She was a lot better at it than she used to be.

Five years ago, she would've become a different person if she heard the man she rode in the car with was a gang leader. She wouldn't speak to anyone; and when she would, it wouldn't be complete sentences. Her poor mother. How would she have handled that? Mrs. Reid would've lost herself in a depressive stage, much like her daughter. And her dad.. oh, god. If Jason Reid learned that her daughter had an encounter with gang leaders, he would never sleep. The constant need to be on guard in case they were robbed... Jason would know. He knew about these things. He was the reason she was so scarred.