Chapter Ten: 'tis the damn season

this is so bad but idc because i want this part over with

If I wanted to know who you were hanging with While I was gone I would've asked you

While I was gone I would've asked you

"Where is he?" I demand forcefully. In retrospect, this man knows where my boyfriend is. My boyfriend that I hadn't heard from in weeks. It's all his fault, and he's more than aware of it. I bet he thinks it's funny.

The café's lighting is indisputably feeble. The dim lighting and run-down aspect of the building is only additive towards the overwhelming feeling of the situation being fiction. Whatever is happening right now shouldn't be happening. My situation sounds like one that I'd discover within pages of a storybook. I'm one of the people that are enlightened by the intricacy of a novel- a clear signal that I'm not one to be a protagonist. I'm nothing but a meaningless background character with two scenes.

It feels surreal to me that I'd worked up the courage to be brave in front of this charmingly appalling stranger. He is the type to sense all of my fear, every last bit, yet I have no choice but to act like I couldn't give a damn as to what he thinks of me. To be quite honest, I do.

"Why so urgent?" It's almost as if he's taunting me. I hate how he can do that, just dismiss something like that.

"Urgent? Where is he!" I slightly yell at him. His face hardens- he is a dominant man. He doesn't like to be yelled at, and most likely wants me to shut the fuck up. "I didn't-"

"You want to know about your stupid boyfriend? Fine. You'll see him." He argues.

His large hand grabs hold of my arm and drags me along to his vehicle parked out front, ignoring my calls and complaints from behind him. He was livid and angry and probably wanted to rip my head off. I would kind of too, if I were him. It's still mean though.

Where are we going?" I inquire as he straps me into the passenger seat. I half expect him to just leave me, but he pecks my forehead and whispers something along the lines of 'you'll see' in my ear. The kiss makes my face erupt in a red flush. I use my hands to attempt to cover my heated face, but it's no use. He's definitely seen it, judging by the chuckle and smirk from him.

"Can I have the aux?" I ask as he starts the car. He looks at me humorously and then erupts in a fit of laughter. I just look at him stupidly and hold out my hand. Wait, why did I just say that? He literally- I'd be asleep by now.

"No, you cannot have the aux." Harry snorts.

Why did I ask that? I spoke to him as if he were a friend, and he is anything but a friend. I'd rather die than be a friend of his. At least he found humor in me, I guess.