18 i want to

Ep 18

Taehyun's POV

Jaewon's test result came out all good according to the doctor. He just needs some rest the doctor said. He will be discharged the day after and he can rest at home.

Jaewon joined me for a cigarette at the hospital rooftop.

"Are you allowed to smoke for now?" I asked passing him the cigarettes box and lighter.

"Come on, one Jisoo is enough to nag me all the time." He said lighting out the cigarette.

I snorted hearing his remarks.

"Just one cigarette." He said while puffing out the smoke.

I shrugged.

We talked for a while before going back to his room. Jaewon said his workplace allowed him to take two weeks off because of his injury.

Mino was there sitting on the couch when we entered the room. I glanced at my wrist watch to check the time. It's almost 3pm.

"You're not working today?" I asked Mino noticing him wearing a set of laidback sweatsuit with sneakers.

"Nope." He answered shortly.

"I brought you fruits." Mino said to Jaewon pointing at the basket of fruits on the table.

"Sweet." Jaewon replied which made us chuckled.

"Well I will be leaving around 6 later. My part timers couldn't make it tonight." I informed them about the hitch at my workplace. I may need to cover up for some staffs as the cafe will usually be packed for Wednesday night.

"Dude, I'm okay now. You guys don't have to stay." Jaewon said while sitting on the edge of his hospital bed. He has been telling me to just go home rather than staying with him at the hospital.

"The doctor said I will be discharged soon." He added.

"Good to hear that." Mino said.

"Nah, I know you're here just for Jisoo." Jaewon replied with a straight face.

Mino laughed at his remarks.

"She'll be here after work." Mino replied implying that he knew about her schedule. I guess they already made up after Bobby's party last time.

Around 6pm Jisoo appeared at the door bringing some warm porridge for Jaewon.

She made a fuss about how Jaewon only eating half of it and I watched how Mino whipped for her by staring at her with a silly smile plastered all over his face.

Mino's POV

The three of us have some light dinner together around 7 pm after Taehyun left. Jisoo cut some of the fruits I brought and forced Jaewon to eat some of it. I like seeing how she cares for the people around her. I like this side of her.

We left the hospital after 8pm to give Jaewon time for rest. I insisted to accompany Jisoo when she said she needed to get some groceries. She bought a bunch of things including some vegetables and fruits. She said she wanted to cook some food for Jaewon when he's discharged.

When we arrived at her apartment, I insisted to carry some of the groceries for her and walked to her front door. She refused so many times as usual but I wouldn't budge. She invited me inside her place to have some ramyeon or tea and of course I said yes in a swift. If this is not a green light from her then I don't know what is.

She went inside her room to change while I took my time observing her place. Her place is neat and cozy; simple furniture and colour coordinated with the wallpaper. She came out wearing a t shirt and sweatpants, her face fresh and clean from any make up and she let down her hair. I noticed how she always tied her hair in a ponytail or a simple bun whenever she's back from work. Either way, she still looks pretty.

I was probably too immersed in observing and listening to her when she said something requiring for my response.

"I'll make it less spicy for you." She said smiling.

It took me a few seconds to register that she's talking about the ramyeon that she's about to cook for us.

"Yeah sure."I responded afterwards.

"What were you thinking?" She chuckled seeing my puzzled reaction.

We sat in the living room while eating and she turned on the TV and we watched some comedy show that she seemed to enjoy watching.

After finish eating, I helped her with the dishes while she prepared some hot tea.

We're back sitting on her couch in the living room drinking some tea she prepared.

"It's chamomile tea. Joy said it's good for a good night sleep." She said probably referring to one of her friends from workplace. I saw them hanging out together when I came to pick her up at her workplace that one time.

"I added honey as sweetener too." She said sipping the tea carefully.

We talked about some other random things and I asked her about Jaewon's issue. She didn't hesitate to explain about his situation. She talked about some events in their life during high school that made the three of them stick together. I kind of understand the close relationship between them. I learned that she probably was having some hard time too when she mentioned about how Jaewon and Tae were there for her during high school years.

"Well it was all in the past. High school was kinda rough for us." She said with a bitter smile.

I scooted closer to her bridging the gap between us on the couch. I wrapped one arm around her and she replied me with a sweet smile.

It's probably the late night talk or whatever it is that gave me the courage to caress her cheek and inched my face closer to her. I thought she's going to reject me just like the first time I tried to kiss her in the car during our first few dates. I waited for her to turn her face or maybe push me aside but she didn't.

I didn't notice how many minutes have passed when she suddenly breaks away from our kiss and I was already hovering over her on the couch.

"Your phone." She said tapping my chest lightly making me aware of my ringing phone on the table.

Whoever calling me at this timing must be an asshole.

I sat up straight and answered my phone.