23 my bad

Ep23

Jisoo’s pov

So we’re supposed to have this dinner date on Friday which he confirmed on quite a hesitation as he doesn’t know how his schedule yet. And as excited as I was, I have already booked a reservation for a fine restaurant that I certainly thought fit to his taste and liking but unfortunately and disappointingly only to be cancelled by him five hours before it.

He said he is really sorry about it and will make it up to me soon. I told him not to worry and focus on his work instead. Though I am totally bummed that my effort went to nothing; the dinner was actually for his coming birthday and I really wanted to treat him to something nice. But I guess I cant really do anything about it.

The restaurant reservation would go to a waste though if I didn’t come, and my outfit plan would go to a waste too.

I called Jaewon asking if he wanted to join me for dinner but he’s meeting Lisa the same night and even asked me to join them instead but of course I declined. I feel like I would become a third wheel and I wouldn’t want that. I skip asking Tae as I know he is still in his heartbreak phase and he would prefer to be alone during it. I was so close to call Jinu up for a dinner though I have actually ended our blind dates arrangement one month ago but we still decided to stay as good friends; and meeting him up again would probably stir some issues and feelings so I decided not to. So I ring up Joy and Suhyun and of course they said yes for a girls date night.

“The food here is sooo good.” Joy said after finishing her steak.

“The ambience here is nice too.” Suhyun commented while making observation to the surrounding.
I nodded and smiled. I am glad that they like it.

“it’s a pity that he had to cancel. This place would make a good date night.” Joy stated.

“I know right.” I replied lazily.

“It’s meant to be a secret. I didn’t even get to tell him where.” I added.

We finished our course and drank till the last drop of the red wine and we took some nice pictures to flaunt on our Instagram page. All our outfits were coincidentally colour matched and made our pictures looked even better.

“I wanna see the night view from up there...” Suhyun squealed as she was excited to see more sides of the restaurants.

“We can take more pictures..”Joy replied excitedly.

And so after we made the payment, they went upstairs to watch the night view while I excused myself to go for the ladies room.

“I’ll see you guys at the car park.” I said to them as I was not really in the mood to explore the place.

I reapply my lipstick and fixed my slightly dishevelled hair in the toilet.

I walked along the pavement while waiting for them to come down. I watched group of friends, couples walking along the same pavement. The trees are decorated with light bulbs that hanged around loosely adding a romantic feels to the night atmosphere there. The couple that walked in front of me suddenly stopped in their tracks. They seemed to be discussing deeply about something. The lady with the backless dress linked one arm to the guy’s while the guy shoved both his hands into his pockets.

I observed the long black haired lady and the blonde haired guy. The blonde hue hair colour reminded me of Mino.  Well the last time I saw him his hair was red. His dressing somehow reminded me of Mino’s clothes too; grey pants and turquoise blue suit makes an interesting combination. And when they turned around, I realized that the guy was actually really Mino.

I stopped on my tracks when our eyes met. My gaze fell to their linked arm and I felt something disturbing in my chest. I certainly do not like the view of them so I turned around and walked away.

“Jisoo, wait.”

I walked faster. Why am I running away anyway? No, I’m not running I’m just walking steadily. I tried to calm myself.

“Jisoo, please..” I heard his quickened steps.

Ugh, I hate this. I dont want to make a scene here.

“Jisoo, it’s not what you think.” He grasped my wrist making me stopped on my track.

I looked straight to him and kept an impassive face.

“Okay.” I replied.

“We’re here to discuss work.” His eyebrow furrowed and he looked probably worried.

I recognized the lady. She is the actress that worked to model for his clothing line; and also his ex girlfriend. Whatever work arrangement that they’re having, I dont wanna know.

That Stella girl’s word from the party last time came haunting me back.

“Well if we are talking about Mino’s girlfriend here, it’s only that Naeun girl.”

“They been on and off for quite a while.”

“You dont have to explain anything.” I replied suddenly aware of our relationship status. Rightfully, he doesn’t have to clarify anything.

I tried to loosen his grip on my hand.

Mino’s face was scrunched up and he looked like he wanted to say more when Joy and  Suhyun came to us.

“Is everything okay here?” Joy’s voice made Mino dropped his hand.

***

“That’s called jealousy Jisooya. You’re jealous.” Joy stated when they are sprawling on the sofa in Jisoo’s living room.

Jisoo ignored her statement and the missed call on her phone.

“Arent you going to answer that?” Suhyun asked when she noticed the missed call from Jisoo’s phone.

She tried to find the logic in Joy’s jealousy accusations.

Jealousy occurred in relation to feelings; usually when something you desire or something belonged to you are given to others that’s when you inevitably experience jealousy. She thought to herself.

She calculated all her feels and wracking her brain for whatever feels she has towards Mino.

“Was that the Stella girl just now?” Suhyun asked.

“No thats not her. That was the ex gf actress.” Joy answered for Jisoo instead.

“I’m so ready to throw hands if that was her.” Suhyun stated.

“Same.” Joy replied while sipping on her can drinks.

Jisoo giggled while listening to them.

Suhyun opened up another bag of chips.

“It’s not even our cheat day today. We’ve been breaking our every diet rules.” Jisoo chuckled while reminding them their diet schedule.

“This is the day where we’re allowed to break our diet rules.” Joy made the decision making the three of them laughed.