26 daylight

Ep 26

Mino's pov

These past few days have easily become the highlights of the month. So many things happened involving my work and my private life too.

Happy is such an understatement for whatever I'm feeling. I can't stop grinning. I felt content; overwhelmed with pure joy like everything is enough, like life is finally so perfect. It's like I'm renewed and became a better person or whatever it is that made me recharged and full. I feel like I can tackle everything now, even if there's another work issues arise I probably will be receiving the news with a smile on my face.

Even Chanwoo was questioning my sudden change of mood; it's like you have won a lottery or something, that's what he said. And so during the latest meeting with them, I told them about my decision to proceed with launching of our new collection and they suggested for the company to file a lawsuit against the culprits who stole our ideas and hard work. We decided to fight against them rather than avoiding it.

I woke up this morning with the sweet scent of her that I always craved; her sleeping beside me so soundly and I get to watch her.

We've been spending time together even more now. I ended up spending the night at her place this time; it's either my place or hers and I really like this new sleeping arrangement.

I love how her small frame fit so perfectly in my embrace. I traced the skin along her bare shoulder and peck a soft kiss before getting up.

I tried to make breakfast for her because that's what the male lead in some lousy romantic movies will do for the female lead. She probably smelt the burnt from my attempt to cook omelette because she appeared in the kitchen afterwards wearing a tshirt that look so oversized on her. She insisted to cook instead and I sat by the dining table watching her with my eyes roaming around her exposed legs.

"At least the coffee is good." She said approving my coffee.

I purposely chose the brown dress for her working outfit today as I was trying to make our fits colour matched. I must remember to bring her some of the dresses and blouses from my collections so that our clothes can always easily match.

"I probably will be really late tonight." I said before dropping her off at her office.

"Don't worry... you do your work, we'll meet another night." She replied as understanding as she always has. She flashed me her sweet smile and attempt to peck an innocent kiss on my cheek but I turned it into a 5 minutes make out session instead.

Jisoo's pov

"You've got some of my lipstick stain on you." I said wiping off the smudges on his lips.

He grinned a cheeky smile and I bid him goodbye. I could my cheeks heated and as always my mind is always hazy and on cloud nine when it comes to him. I calmed down my crazily beating heart and walked slowly towards my office building.

I and Mino have been spending time and some nights together; him sending me off to office every morning; dinner or breakfast together; all these activities suddenly fitting in my daily routines. I could actually get used to this. I actually like this sudden shift of life arrangement in my life though it quite terrified me a lil bit.

"Finally you guys!" Joy exclaimed when I told her about us.

"Congratulations! You will really get new stylish clothes from him now that you guys are together." Suhyun commented when she knew.

I checked the calendar on my desk to see if there's any important event coming soon. I saw the circled 6th in green highlighter and I remembered it's Hanbin and Hayi's wedding next month.

My phone beeped with a new chat from Tae telling me to come to his cafe tonight. Jaewon wanted to tell us something, he texted. I have a feeling it will be about his decision to move. Since I dont have any plan with Mino tonight, I agreed to meet up with them.

I focused back on my work tasks and busying myself by participating in our endless meeting and by the time I glanced at the time, it was almost 6pm.

***

Jisoo arrived at Taehyun's cafe around 7.30pm. She sat at their usual table and greeted Tae's staffs with a smile. She signalled Tae to go on with his work first as he was busy attending to one of the customers. Jaewon arrived 15 minutes afterwards and they quickly ordered some dinner and drinks.

"Busy night huh..." Jisoo said to Tae when he finally sat down joining them.

"Kind of." He replied shortly giving them his satisfied smile. His jaw line appeared even more visible as if he's been losing weight; he has been letting his hair grow longer than his usual length without trimming; there's some new inked on his left arm too giving an addition of new dark charm to his look but overall he still looked healthy and vibrant despite going through a break up recently.

Jisoo watched two of her childhood friends sitting in front of her. Both of them have been going through some tough phases recently. She smiled when they noticed her staring at them.

"Dont go emotional on us like you're our mother or something." Jaewon warned and she chuckled.

"Is that a new tatt?" Jisoo referred to Taehyun's new tattoo on his left arm.

"Yup. Jaewon inked for me that night when you bailed on us for Mino." He smirked.

"Is that 'I'm moving on' tattoo or 'I'm still heartbroken af' tattoo?" Jisoo ignored his remark and teased back.

"Well something along the line." Jaewon answered instead and Taehyun laughed.

They continued their talks about works and life progression. Jisoo told them about her going out with Mino but it didn't really surprise them one bit as if they're already expecting it. Taehyun mostly talked about his work and band while Jaewon filling in them a bit about his therapy session which he slowly came to like.

"I thought you say you have something important to tell us?" Taehyun asked Jaewon when they finished their dinner.

"Yeah Jae, what is it?" Jisoo turned to look at him.

"Well about that, I'm moving to LA soon." Jaewon said casually after sipping his drink. No hesitation in his tone like it's already a confirmed decision for him.

A/n: few more chapters then this story will be completed🌷🌷❤❤