19 love and a boy

Ep 19

The sudden phone ringing halted their heated kiss.

Mino sat up straight and answered his phone almost scoffing at the person calling.

"What is it?" He said in a low tone.

Jisoo fixed her dishevelled hair, her cheeks was flustered red resulted from their interaction just now. She saw how Mino's expression turning serious the moment he talked to whomever on the line.

"I'll be there soon." Mino said ending his phone conversation.

"Something came up at work." He turned his face to Jisoo.

"I need to go now." He added while ruffling his hair.

Jisoo nodded while watching Mino gathered his phone and car keys and shoved them into his pockets. They were standing at the door and Mino gave her one last lingering kiss before leaving.

"I'll call you tomorrow." He said leaving Jisoo with an erratic heartbeat and disarray mind.

Jisoo's POV

It's been almost two months since Jaewon's accident. All his tests result came out good and he was discharged from the hospital soon after that.

Thankfully, we managed to convince him to join some therapy sessions. He was very reluctant at first but he was willing to try as per our request.

I have been diligently paying him a visit at his apartment whenever I got the time. Sometimes we will get dinner together with Taehyun and I sometimes will bring some cooked food for him.

Hanbin and Hayi were very helpful too as they were the one suggested the therapy and counselling for Jaewon. They even recommended some good place and doctors that we can refer to. Jaewon has been receiving warm support from us and I hope he could see that.

Mino has been out of the country for some work again this time. I remembered him telling me about some plagiarism accusations for his new design. I've been reading some tabloid news about him. Apparently, there's some issue on his new design collections. I guess things are not so easy on his hands too these days.

The last night scene that we spent together kept replaying in my mind from time to time. He did call me the day after explaining me about his work situation. "I see you when I come back" is what he said to me during his last phone call.

"Look it's your 'boyfriend' news again." Joy nudged me while she scrolled on her phone diligently. She emphasized on the word 'boyfriend' probably trying to tease me.

I glanced at her phone reading the news she's showing me.

"Is he okay? The comments from people are not that good though." Joy asked.

"I'm sure he is doing fine. He's been out of the country dealing with it now." I replied.

"He'll be back soon though." I added with a smile.

I guess my face really lighted up when thinking about him coming back as Joy and Suhyun are giving me the judging stare right now.

"Look at you pretending not to be in love when even the mention of his name made you swoon like that." Joy pursed her lips while Su hyun agreed with her.

"I did not..."I tried to deny.

I glanced at the time and reminded them that our lunch break is almost over.

"Lets go back to office." Suhyun said after we finished our lunch.

Work has been hectic but still manageable for us these past few weeks. We managed to survive some crazy weeks and keeping up with all the datelines so far. I received Taehyun's text reminding me about our movie night at his place with Jaewon. I replied him shortly after that and continued on my work.

Having movie night is almost like a ritual activity for the three of us since our high school days. Taehyun usually brought along his girlfriend whenever we were hanging out at his place for our movie night.

I arrived at his place around 9pm and greeted by Jaewon at the door.

"How was your therapy session?" I asked him when we were preparing snacks at the kitchen.

"Fine. Nothing interesting anyway." Jaewon answered with his usual devoid of emotion expression. I noticed the dark circles under his eyes were less visible. I hope it is a good sign though.

I was glancing around to look for Jennie's arrival before our movie started but there's no sign of her. Tae brought some beer and coke from his cafe and we quickly devoured them once the movie started.

Tae's phone rang a few times when we were halfway into the movie. He stood up and walked to his balcony to answer it.

"I cant talk to you when you're like this!" There's tense in his voice and it's louder than his usual tone. I'm pretty sure Jaewon noticed it too as we were exchanging glances when we heard him.

He came back inside few minutes after that and we scooted to our end to give him more space in the middle of his huge couch.

"Jennie and I decided to take a break from each other." He blurted out without us asking when the movie finally finished. He ruffled his already messy hair and gulped down his remaining beer.

Jaewon remained with his straight face expression while I just nodded.
Jaewon joined him for their third cans of beer while I sipped on my coke slowly.

"I'll have my live band performance at my cafe on the 4th next month." Tae informed us.

"Cool." Jaewon replied.

"Our show will start at 11pm."He added again.

I suddenly remembered about Mino's party event for his work that will be held on the very same day. It's the party that he'll be holding right after he's back.

"Mino's party is on the same day too." I answered. I informed them about Mino's work party and now Jaewon and I feel reluctant whether to ditch either of their events.