25 turn off the light

Ep 25

She shuffled on her feet; hands fidgeting and all. She didn't know how she ended up in front of his place. She had spent the Sunday morning doing brunch with Jaewon and Tae with her mind wandering off somewhere else thinking about him. And when she got home early skipping Tae's invitation to play video games or watch movies at his place, she still couldn't help wondering and worrying about him.

And so she went out again thinking about his wellbeing and bought some healthy takeout food and ended up going to his condominium at 8pm.

She knew which floor was his place. She has been there once with Jaewon, Tae and the rest of ex music club members.

She rang the doorbell once.

What if he got company? What if he didn't want me here? She contemplated her decision.

She rang the doorbell twice when there's no answer.

The last time I went to him unannounced it didn't went really well. What if he hates visitor? Maybe I should go back.

But before she could reverse her decision, the door opened revealing a shirtless Mino with sweatpants on.

"Jisoo? What are you doing here?"

"I...brought you food.." She answered in hesitation.

As perplexed as he was, he couldn't help but to feel pleased with her sudden visit. He smiled inwardly to himself and let her in.

Jisoo observed Mino's face and his place. Few cans of beer scattered on the coffee table and it's apparent that he has been smoking inside judging by the hint smell of cigarette. He ran his hand through his hair making it even messier; he looked a bit scrawny too; she wondered if he had been eating.

"You dont look really good. Did you even eat?" Jisoo asked.

"Well not yet for dinner." Mino was quite taken aback by her question but he answered anyway.

He straightened his posture and they were both standing and staring at each other probably trying to read each other's mind.

Jisoo was distracted by the sight of shirtless Mino with the tattoos on his chest full on display. She averted her gaze from his eye catching blue rose tattoo on his shoulder.

"Well, I could reheat the food if you want to eat." She cleared her throat putting an end to the staring contest.

"Okay." Mino nodded.

While Jisoo was busy at the kitchen, he cleared the coffee table and went inside his room to put on a shirt.

Jisoo made sure he finished his food and they talked a bit between foods and sipping tea. Afterwards, they sat on the couch in the living room while the sound of TV filling in the silence.

"So i heard you guys have found the culprit." Jisoo addressed his work issue first.

"yeah..." He answered in a low voice.

"I can't believe it is all Stella's doing." He continued.

"I mean, we've been working as a team from the start. How could she do this to all of us..." His tone of voice expressed his disappointment.

Jisoo turned her head to face him and scooted closer.

Mino continued to express his disappointment and worries. He mentioned about their hard work, the aftermath of the plagiarism and so on.

"I might need to withdraw the collection and restart everything." He sighed and closed his eyes.

"Heyy.." Jisoo said softly while patting his knee gently.

"I don't think you should withdraw anything. It's your hard work. Talk to your team about it." Jisoo said in a calm tone.

She touched and eased the furrowed skin between his brows while he slowly opened his eyes. Their gazes met for a while.

"Thanks Jisoo.." He said and leaned in to her touch.

"That night when you saw me with Naeun..She just wanted to warn me about the culprit. She knew something was off when the plagiarism issue came out... Chanwoo was there too for our dinner.." His eyes looked pleading for understanding.

"I didn't mean to get mad or anything..." Jisoo replied while withdrawing her hand from his grasp. She cant really explain her outburst reaction from that night.

"I dont want you to have any wrong idea..." Mino said.

"I'm sorry.." he continued.

"It's okay." Jisoo cut him off. She averted her gaze from him again but Mino grasped her hand one more time demanding for her attention.

"Jisoo.. whatever it is that happened between us?" His tone sounded like he was asking for clarification. He remembered about Lisa reminding him to be giving her time and space but fuck that, he thought.

"I..." Jisoo was lost at words.

"Do you trust me?"

She nodded.

"Do you want to be with me?"

"I..I do." She bit her lips and swallowed quite nervously.

The staring continued between the two of them. They both could sense their nervousness. Hearts were beating wildly as if they were running in a marathon.

"I.. should get going...it's...late.." Jisoo's voice came out a bit shaky while she tried to calm her racing heart.

"Stay with me tonight. Don't leave." His voice is low but enough for her to hear it clearly.

Jisoo stared at him without answering. Her cheeks flushed with the suggestion as if she knew what he meant by it.

He couldn't possibly to just send her home; not when she's already there with him; and not when there's still unclear feelings between them.

His unwavering eyes looked straight to hers. When his gaze fell to her lips, she swallowed her saliva nervously waiting for his next move.

And so Mino swiftly pulled Jisoo into his lap while she put her hand to wrap around his neck and their lips started crashing with each other.

Their kiss was growing needy and more passionate by seconds. Minds were hazy like they couldn't think of anything else. They were pulling into each other refusing to have any distance between them as if they tried to mould their bodies into one if that's even possible.

He stood up while carrying her without breaking their kiss and walked into his bedroom. He carefully laid her on the mattress with him hovering above her.

"Should I turn off the light?" he said under his breath and she said yes.