nine

*TW, KIDNAPPING, ABUSE, TORTURE*

A ten year old Vittoria sat in her "room".
If you could call it that.

"The Bad Men" (as she called them) had taken Vincenzo away days ago.

She ran her fingers over the bruises that littered her skin and cringed when she ran over that particular scar on her forearm that refused to heal.

The door swung open, making her head snap up in pure fear.

Vincenzo was thrown in and he groaned painfully when he hit the ground.

"We'll be back for you soon." One said pointing towards Vittoria making Vincenzo growl lowly.

The door slammed shut and the sound of another door opening sounded after a while.

Vincenzo dragged himself to the makeshift bed  that Vittoria sat on and he slumped down on it.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she ran a hand through his dirty hair.

He shook his head.

"What did they use?" She ask with concern lacing her voice.

Tears filled his eyes as he whimpered "Hot rod."

Anger flared in her chest but she pushed it down, knowing there was nothing she could do.

"Well i'm next so you can get some sleep." She smiled weakly.

"Do you think mom will ever find us?" He asked with a tear stricken face.

"Yes." She confirmed confidently.

"Yes she will."

The door swung open for the second time that day, and the twins bolted up

Vittoria's arm went in front of Vincenzo in record time but all she could see was blinding light.

"You have new roommates." A voice cackled.

Two boys were thrown in and one was obviously younger than the other.

The older one grunted painfully and dragged himself to the other side of the room while the younger one opted to sit with the twins.

He latched himself into her leg, shaking in fear as the older one clutched his ribs.

It was obvious he was hurt.

"How old are you?" She asked the smaller one after a while.
He held up both of his hands and on them were four fingers each.