Episode 5: Hunted

"You ready?"

I sit with Gwen as Ben turns into Diamondhead "So what's going on with you two?" Gwen asks "What?" I ask "You're all the way over here with me instead of being with Ben and Grandpa." Gwen says, raising an eyebrow. I giggle nervously and lean on her shoulder "I just love spending time with you Gwenie~" I say with a dopey grin

Gwen shoves me away gently "You two are hopeless." She sighs "I know...that's the problem." I sigh sadly. Truth is, Ben doesn't want to talk about us anytime I try to bring up what happened with the Limaxes....Ben runs away. He at least used to change the subject, but now he doesn't even like being around me...

I look down sadly, did I really lose Ben that fast?! The summer just started! Gwen sighs and pats my shoulder "Y/N, Ben's an idiot. That much is clear, but I know for a fact that he likes you. He's just to stupid to act on it, even though he knows that you like him back. But, don't waste your time getting sad over it. If Ben doesn't step up, you'll find someone else." Gwen says "Thanks Gwen..." I sigh, looking down. Ben grins proudly as he finishes his training "He's such a show off," Gwen scoffs, putting on lotion "He's not even worth it."

Yeah that sounds more like Gwen...

I turn back to Ben and stare at him, a tire clocks him in the face, causing diamond shards to fly every. I put a force field around me and Gwen. I frown because I didn't know how to put on around Max so he had to duck to the ground. Ben glances toward us as Max stands up.

Ben laughs nervously "Oops, my bad." "Like i said...not even worth it." Gwen growls.

~

"You rockhead, you could've turned me and Y/N into Swiss cheese."
"I said I was sorry. What else do you want?"

"What we want us for you to take that thing on your wrist more seriously, Ben. It's not a toy. You've got to think when you use it." Max says, I'm so glad I'm in the front right now.... "I know, but come on! You guys have seen me in action. I'm the baddest Ben in town. I've kicked so much alien butt, my feet hurt." Ben says. "Yeah, well, one of these days, you're gonna screw around and get your own butt kicked, and I hope I'm there to see it." Gwen says, I could tell she was smirking "I hope I'm not..." I mutter. I feel a weird twisting feeling in my chest a the thought of something happening to Ben.

Max glance at me as Ben and Gwen tease each other "You ok?" He asks "Yeah...being 10 with alien powers you don't know how to control sucks. At least Ben gets to use his everyday..." I sigh tiredly, Max hums "Maybe I should be training you." Max states "Really?" I ask "Yeah, I mean we want to make sure nothing happens." Max sighs "What-" the sound of the Rust Bucket breaking down cuts me off

"Uh-oh, that's not good..." Max sighs

~

"Huh. Looks like nobody's home." Ben says "Not for a while," Gwen states "My intellimap program says this is Slatterville. Incorporated in 1857 after the discovery of silver. Went bust in the late 50s when the mine ran out." "Why does everything out of your mouth sound like a book report?" Ben asks. Gwen shoots him a glare, "Aha! I think I found the problem," Max says, showing us the pipe with a diamond shard stuck in it "Leaky fuel line." Gwen and I glance at Ben "Uh...lucky shot?"