Episode 10: Side Effects

"Ack! You're holding it to tight!"
"I'm trying trying not to fall of, Benji!"
"Then trust me!"

Ben swerves and dodges people, "Ah-look out!" I yelp to the people on the sidewalk. "Banza! Coming through." Ben laughs, zooming past them. Ben drive back onto the road and gets behind a truck with a back that was almost like a ramp...

"Don't you dare." I growl nervously as Ben revs up. I scream when Ben speeds and drives up the ramp, causing us to fly in the air for a moment. The car we were chasing speeds up and runs a red light, I teleport us behind the car "Hey!" Ben shouts "Huh?" The man asks. Ben shoot the car's trunk and money flies out, I levitate the money in the air and put it in a neat stack "Some people just can't hang on to their money." Ben says.

He speeds up so we're beside the car and I pop the tire. The car swerves out of control and crashes into a wall, "No way..." the man asks gasp. Ben revs his tires and smoke flies in the man's face "Alright, let him breathe." I snort. Ben stops and drives off.

"Benji, stop!" I say "What?" Ben asks, coming to an abrupt stop. I hop off of Ben and run over to an ice cream truck, Ben pulls up beside me and I grin at him "Well...we did just nab a bad guy." Ben hums, morphing out of the motorcycle. Ben opens the back door and I walk in "Yes! They have the character ones with the gumball eyes!" I cheer, going through the box. "Now we're talking!" Ben says excitedly.

~

I groan quietly as I sit on the ground, I had 6 popsicles, 2 ice cream cones and 4 ice cream sandwiches. Ben shudders and clings onto me, the door opens and Max and Gwen appears "Are you two ok?" Max asks.

Ben sneeze and I shudder, "I'll uh take that as a no." Max sighs tiredly...

~

"Well, 101." Max says, looking at Ben's thermometer. Max turns to me and takes my thermometer out my mouth, he gasps "209." He stares. Gwen turns to me "How are you alive?" She ask, raising an eyebrow "I-I dunno." I mumble tiredly "Either way, it's official. You two have a summer cold."

Gwen washes her hands, "Maybe from now on you guys will think twice before having snack time inside an ice cream truck." She says "I regret nothing." I huff, Ben sniffles and was about to sneeze-but instead he blows his nose in one Gwen's shirts "Hey! That's my new blouse!" Gwen says.

Ben sneezes and wipes his nose with the blouse "Maybe from now on you'll think twice about leaving your new clothes just lying around." Ben scoffs "Especially with Benji around." I say tiredly. Gwen glares at us and sighs before going through a box "Cold tablets, decongestants, cough suppressants, hospital mask."

"Good for you to wear a mask, Gwenie." I laugh before coughing harshly, Ben pats my shoulder and turns to Gwen "Uh...we don't need all that junk." Ben states "They're not for you, Dweeb. They're for me. Once a bug like that gets out. There's no stopping it." Gwen says "It's just a cold." I state, blowing my nose with a tissue. "Yeah, and why don't you just lock us away in some closet somewhere until we're better?" Ben scoffs

Gwen gasps happily "Can we, Grandpa? Pretty please!" She asks excitedly "Don't make me hug you." I say with a sniffle, Gwen cringes. "All these two need is a dose of my famous Song Ju Yen Pien cold remedy. Let's go, Chinatown is just down the block." Max states, walking to the front.