Episode 23: A Change of Face

A/N: Posting this a little early because my teachers decided that we don't deserve to have easy Fridays

I knock on the door lightly "Stop being a big baby, Benji. I'm wearing my costume." I sigh. The door swings open, "I feel like a dweeb..." Ben sighs "That's because you are a dweeb," Gwen says "Now you're just a pilgrim dweeb." "That's it. I'm changing." Ben says. He turns to walk back inside, but I levitate him in the air a little, he wasn't to high in the ground.

"Nonsense," Max chuckles as Ben flails his arms and pouts at me "You can't visit Salem, Massachusetts without soaking up the local history. Now come on." Max walks away with Gwen at his side. I turn to Ben "If I put you don't, will you run?" I ask "No...of course not, N/N." Ben says with a smile. I hum "I don't believe you." I giggle, lowering Ben to the ground. Ben attempts the run, but I hold his hand.

Ben grumbles and pouts, dragging his feet "You seriously wanna be here?" Ben asks "Of course not, but it makes Gwen happy. So I'm putting up with it." I hum, Ben squeezes my hand "Why does it matter to you if Gwen's happy?" He asks "Cuz, she's my best friend." I say "I thought I was your best friend." Ben huffs "You were, but now you're my boyfriend. You can't be both Benji." I laugh "Yes I can." Ben grumbles.

We stop in our tracks when there was a bright flash, I look around to see a bunch of kids surrounding us "Oh man..." Ben groans, hiding his face with his hat. I wave awkwardly, quickly walking over to Max and Gwen.

"Grandpa, can we please change now?" Ben asks before the ground shakes and we hear a loud explosion in the distance. "Ben...Y/N, you can go ahead and change now." Max says "Yes!" Ben cheers, he presses down on the watch "Goodbye, zero. Hello hero!" Ben says. I put on my suit while Ben turns into Stinkfly "It feels good to be cool again!" Ben says happily.

Ben tosses me on his back and flies into the air. I hum quietly before placing my hat on Ben's head "Seriously?" He asks "What? You look good in a hat." I snort as we head towards the building.

Ben shoots goo at the flames while I teleport people to safety. My eyes widen as the flames worsen below "You keep putting out these fires, I'll put out the ones down there." I tell him "Be careful." Was all Ben said before I glide down. I start putting out the fires, I land in front of a mirror shop. I look at my reflection "Huh, Gwen was right. This news costume does make me look cooler. Thank you Infinity for the inspiration~" I hum.

I raise a hand, making the flames turn F/C. I clench my fist, the flames disappear in an instant"Haha! Yes!" I cheer proudly, throwing my hands up in victory

"Transfera Indentica."

"Huh?" I turn to see Charmcaster, she shoots a magic bubble at me. I surround myself with a force field, but Charmcaster's magic was able to break through it "Oh no...I sense the plot for this chapter..." I groan, suddenly feeling dizzy. "Ugh, I feel weird..." I groan, I could see Ben still putting out fires. He hasn't even noticed what was going on with me.

Charmcaster pulls me closer to her, she grins "Hey, C-Charmy. Wanna talk about this? I feel like we should talk about this." I say before I hear Gwen screaming. She knocks me out of Charmcaster's bubble, taking my place. I grunt as I hit the floor harshly.

"No! Not you!"

I shield my eyes from the flash, Ben flies down "I wonder what the heck that was..." I mumble. "Are you ok?" Ben asks "Yeah, but we gotta find Gwen! She was in that explosion." I tell him. Ben nods seriously, we flinch when we heard Max screaming.