Episode 18: Tough Luck

"🎵Snap! Crack! What the f*ck? Guess what b*tch, you're out of luck~🎵"

!C R A C K!

I snap awake, I groan quietly. "Come on...it's still dark out. Just let me sleep." I mumble. My bunk creaks a little as I stand up, I teleport outside of the Rust Bucket. I clench my fist tightly, letting out a growl.

"What do you want from me?!"

The world around me starts to darken and blur and the sounds around me become static

I let out a shaky sigh when Other Me appears in front of me. She was a black sticky slimy silhouette. "What do I want?! I want the keys! I want the power! I want the control! I want the f*cking Ben!" She shouts, stomping her foot with each end of her sentences "Let me know when you come back to reality. That's not happening." I scoff out, crossing my arms

S N A P

A wince of pain leaves my throat, my knees hit the ground "I don't get what I want, you don't get what you want. That's our reality." She hisses harshly "This isn't OVER!" I scream before a sudden warmth surrounds me.

"Alright N/N, come on...get your butt back to bed..."

Everything snaps back to normal and Ben suddenly appears with his arms wrapped around me "...You know Imma support you through all of this, but can't you challenge Other You in the morning?" He grumbles tiredly. I stand up, Ben hums tiredly as I start to drag him "It's not like I chose when she's shows up. She just shows up whenever she want-and she LOVES to show up in the middle of the night." I sigh. I huff in anger. "Don't let her get to you, Y/N," Ben says with a yawn, nuzzling into my arm "Remember the plan."

The plan....

~Flashback~

"Ben! Y/N! Come in here!"

"What did you do?" We ask each other with tired expression before we stand. "I haven't done anything." I state "I haven't either. I've been so busy doing hero work that I haven't even had time to get into trouble." Ben huffs "Don't get me started." I snort.

We walk into the Rust Bucket, both Max and Gwen had nervously expressions "Grandpa? What's going on?" ben asks, taking my hand. "Y/N...that voice in your head, you said it was back?" Max asks seriously "Yeah, Other Me." I state with a small nod "Why?" Ben asks. Max lets out a sigh "That voice is Y/N's insanity. And it's....trying to takeover her brain. If it takes over...." Max trails off nervously.

"W-but, in the notebook...Justin wrote, it said Mayhemians couldn't go insane unless their Imprint dies or rejects them." I say in shock "And I haven't done any of those things." Ben states. "Mayhemian normally don't start Imprinting until their 12, when they fully understand what their doing. We have no idea when you Imprinted on Ben-considering that your usually never apart." Max states.

Ben and I share a glance...how would I even know that? I didn't even know I could Imprint a couple months ago...

"-All we know is that you were between the ages of 1-10." Gwen says. I frown nervously "So, what do we do about Other Me?" I ask "As long as you stick close to Ben and ignore the voice...you should be fine." Max says calmly, but I could see the fear in his eyes. "We can handle that." Ben hums, he turns to me and I flash a forced look of confidence.

Max smiles at us before he speaks again "It's getting late. You kids should be getting in bed." He says.

~