• OMEGA •

"It's Lahey. Isaac Lahey."

The boy stood in front of the Sheriff, slouching his shoulders under the presence of his father. This was a habit formed after years of physical and emotional abuse, a clear indicator to show that Isaac wasn't okay.

"You work for your father, Isaac?" The Sheriff asked. From what happened last night, there was nothing Isaac wanted to do more than to just leave his current situation.

"When he's not in school. Which is where he needs to be in 20 minutes," Mr Lahey pushed. This only seemed to make the situation a lot more tense. And judging by the constant fidgeting from Isaac, it was damn well tense.

"Yeah, I understand that. But I've got a missing teenage girl, and our k - 9 unit led us here," Sheriff Stilinski persisted. "She's not wearing any clothes, and if she's out here tonight, and the temperature really drops-"

"I'm sorry, I - I didn't see anything," Isaac said, shaking his head quickly, his curls falling from his forehead.

"Trust me, if he saw a naked girl outside a computer screen, he'd remember," Mr Lahey joked, bumping Isaac humorously. The boy only just looked at the ground again. Sheriff Stilinski looked between the father and son, suspecting some worrying tension.
"How'd you get that black eye, Isaac?"

Lucky, or more fitting, unlucky, for Isaac he had an answer ready. He would use it so much that it was now installed into his brain and muscle reflexes that he wouldn't have to think before answering.

"School."

"School fight?" The Sheriff asked.

"Nah, Lacrosse."

"Lacrosse? You play for Beacon Hills?" He asked.

"Yeah," Isaac mumbled as his attention was drawn somewhere else. From the corner of his eye, he watched as the strange man known as Derek Hale glared from behind the stack of trees.

"My son plays for the team. Well, I mean, he - he's on the team. He doesn't typically play. Not yet, anyway," Sheriff began, but soon noticed the lack of interest coming from the boy in front of him. "Is, uh- Something wrong, Isaac?"

"No. Oh, no, sorry. I was just remembering, I actually have a morning practice to get to," Isaac said, pulling his attention from the woods. He just wanted to leave and, for once, get to school.

"Just one more question. You guys get many grave robberies here?" The sheriff asked.
"A few. Usually, they just take stuff like jewellery," he replied.
"What did this one take?" Sheriff Stilinski asked.
"Her liver."

"Isaac?"

Mr Lahey and his son both turned their heads to see their neighbour walking towards them as the Sheriff walked away. She trudged her way through the cemetery to stop a few meters in front of them.

"Marley," Isaac said as she approached. "What are you doing here?"

"You weren't answering your phone," Marley said.

"It died."

"No shit," she mumbled to her best friend before turning to his dad. "Mr Lahey, good to see you!"