• RIDDLED •

Marley moved in her sleep, attempting not to wake Isaac when she did. Her body was cold and sweaty at the same time. Melissa had let Marley stay the night with Isaac as long as no funny business happened. But the night would be disturbed.

She had no idea what she was freaking about, the only thing she could vividly remember was her hands digging into the cold, wet ground, with leaves and twigs scraping her fingers. Marley frowned as her leg twitched. The only thing from restricting her from waking up from her sleep was Isaac's arm around her waist. But her heart dropped and her stomach felt empty. It felt void. With a gasp, she plunged out of her sleep and sat upright, feeling a sharp pain in her leg, like teeth digging into her bone.

"Marley?" Isaac grumbled, propping his arm on the cushion to hold himself up. He rubbed his eyes. "Marley, you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," she replied. The pain in her leg had gone as fast as it had come. There was no aftermath or throbbing; it was like it never happened.

"Come back to sleep," Isaac mumbled, shuffling down and holding his arms out for Marley to lay in. She started to move, but stopped when they heard Scott yell.

"Isaac! Isaac, get up!" Scott called. "I need your help! Isaac!"

"Why? What's wrong?" Isaac asked as he swung open Scott's bedroom door. Marley stood behind him, holding her bare arms and crossing her bare legs. She wasn't uncomfortable in front of Scott, but it wasn't in her best interest to shown him her naked legs.

"It's Stiles. Get dressed," Scott said, pulling clothes from his draw. Marley could feel that panic radiating from him.

"What's wrong with Stiles?" Isaac asked.

"I don't know."

...

"Hey, Stiles," Scott said as he answered his phone. Marley stumbled down the stairs, her leg feeling a little stiff, dragging her shoes on her feet. Isaac and Scott stood by the door, listening to Stiles on the phone. Marley did the best she could to hear him whilst she tied her shoe lace.

"We're coming to find you. Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something and tell us where to look," Scott said. Marley stood up and stood next to Isaac, her fingers matching onto his.

"Please Stiles, why are you whispering?" Scott asked. Marley listened closely and felt the silence hover over her. She heard Stiles's quiet response carve into her mind.

"Because I think there's someone in here with me."

...

Scott, Marley and Isaac piled into Stiles's bedroom, hoping to find something with a strong enough scent. When the door opened, they saw Lydia and Aidan stood in the middle of his room.

"How did you know?" Scott asked. "Did he call you too?"

"I heard it," Lydia said.

"Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask," Aidan said. Marley still didn't like the twins; they'd killed Boyd after all. But then and there was not the right time to pick teammates.

"Not as confusing as this," Lydia said, moving out of the way to show red strings attached to the walls and a pair of scissors stuck in the middle of the bed. Marley's eyes widened. "He uses red for unsolved cases."

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case," Aidan said.

"Or is an unsolved case," Marley added. She looked around at the walls, seeing string pinned to multiple pictures. Her eyes landed on one of her and Stiles, sat in the empty lacrosse pitch taking sips of each other's milkshakes, the picture taken by Scott. Another pin and red string was attacked to a picture of her and Stiles, a close up this time, but the pin, directly pushed into Marley's face. She was one of the red string.