• FRAYED •

"Am I getting too close? I'm getting way too close, aren't I?" Allison asked. Her, Lydia and Marley sat in her car, driving behind the big yellow bus. Allison was worried about Scott, so she dragged Lydia and Marley along with her. Marley didn't mind; she had the whole back seats to herself, plus she got out of babysitting.

"That depends. Are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?" Lydia said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I should back off," Allison said, slowing down a little. Marley knew that Isaac was on the trip, but she didn't want to tell him. He was stressed enough and her trailing behind him wouldn't help his state.

"Backing off could have two different meanings in this situation. It could mean slowing the car down so that we don't hit the school bus that we've been trailing for the past three hours, or it could mean to stop stalking the ex-boyfriend who we may or may not still be in love with," Marley said, resting her arms on the shoulders of the front seats. "God I feel like Lemony Snicket."

"Well, after it happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight," Allison said. What she meant was that Scott was a little shaken up about Derek dying the previous night. Long story, I'd watch the episode to help. "And by the way, this all started because he came knocking on my door."

...

Marley lay in the middle of her bed, Isaac slotted in between her legs and propped up over her. Their lips worked endlessly against each other, needy but passionate. Her mum was with her boyfriend and her brother had snuck out, so naturally, Isaac came over. They had started to watch a film but didn't finish for obvious reasons.

Isaac's hand slipped carefully up her leg and to the low of her back. Her fingers wrapped around his curls, and Marley subconsciously pulled at them. It was getting warm. Even warmer when she felt something hit her inner thigh.

"Sorry, um, we should stop," Isaac said, pulling away after getting a little excited. He sat up and tried to avoid contact with his hard on.

"No, I- I don't wanna stop," Marley said, sitting up after him. She felt her pulse rise after saying those words. She felt sick. Excited. Terrified.

"You want to... Y'know?" Isaac asked, looking up at his girlfriend.

"Do you not want to?" Marley asked after hearing Isaac's tone. If he said no then so much amount of embarrassment would be overwhelmed.

"Of course I do. I mean- are you sure you're ready?" Isaac asked, feeling the heat rise to not only his cheeks.

Marley got up onto her knees and pulled her t-shirt off, revealing her nude bra. Isaac had seen her in a bikini or a swimsuit before seen as he had a pool at his dads house and they would spend time in that, but this was different. Marley felt conscious as Isaac sat there in silence, stiff as a bug, staring slightly. His mouth hung open and his eyebrows raised, so had his-

"Well?" Marley said awkwardly. She wanted to do this, but she wanted to get it out of the way.

"Wow," Isaac muttered. "I mean... wow."

Isaac moved forward and hooked his arm under her bar back. They leant backwards and attached lips again. Marley's hands entangled in his hair again, watching his groan a little at each pull.

"Have you ever," Marley said through kisses. "Done it before?"

"Once."

She pulled away, and said, "what?"

"I've had sex once," Isaac replied, Marley stunned as ever. It was like she was a deer in headlights. "It was at a party when I first got the bite."