• VENOMOUS •

"Stay out of my damn room!"

After the previous nights events, Marley was exhausted to say the least. She and got home at midnight and not fallen asleep until an hour later. Then she was woken up by her brother coming in at five in the morning to look for his lacrosse gear.

She slammed the door on him and wobbled a bit from dizziness. After rubbing her forehead, she reached for any clothes she could find. No one would care if she looked a mess for one day. Marley ended up pulling out black jeans, a light yellow button up, and a grey jumper to go over. The outfit would do. She didn't put any makeup or jewellery on since she was already in a rush to get to school.

"Marley honey, your gonna have to pick your brother up," her mum said, walking around freely.

"Can't you?" Marley asked, it's not like her mum was busy. She was ignored, as per usual.

"Get to school, you're gonna be late," her mum said, touching up her mascara in the mirror.

Marley sighed and reached for a granola bar and a banana. It wasn't unusual for her to be her mother's second priority. Her brother was always number one because of his anger issues. Whenever Marley was supposed to spent time with her mum, her brother would get in trouble and would have to be picked up. She was use to it.

As she walked to school, she couldn't help but watch the Lahey house. It looked exactly the same, now with a huge For Sale sign planting at the front of the fence. Marley's chest rose at the thought of new neighbours, or more appropriately, no Isaac. She had grown up with her best friend only a door away. Now he was gone and living with some stranger. That For Sale sign was like a huge metaphor, like it symbolised how Isaac and Marley's relationship was for sale. Maybe in a matter of weeks, the house would be replaced with new owners. Would that mean that Isaac was being replaced for some other friends?

Before long, she had made her way to school. Maybe if she was deep in thought on the way to school everyday, then the journey would go quicker.

"Oh my god Marley," Stiles said, storming over to her.

"What? What is it?" She questioned, closing her locker. Stiles grabbed her by the shoulders and guided her roughly towards Math class.

"Stiles! What's going on?" She questioned. The two stumbled into the class and practically ambushed Scott.

"Dude, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news," Stiles rambled at Scott who didn't seem to be paying attention. Marley stood watching the boys, confused as a lemon.

"I think I already know," Scott said. Marley followed Scott's gaze. Her heart fell deep into her stomach, so much so she thought she was gonna throw up.

Isaac sat calmly in the seat in front of Scott. A smirk crept on his face since he could hear Marely's heart beat pick up clear as day.

...

"Marley, you okay?" Allison asked.

Throughout the entirety of Math class, Marley had felt Isaac's gaze on her. He sat just behind her, watching her closely and listening to her racing heart beat. For once in Maths, Marley hadn't focused and was constantly thinking about her ex-friend who was no longer a fugitive.