• CHAOS RISING •

"You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous. You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him," Isaac said as he paced back and forth by the window.

It was early in the morning, an hour before school when Marley got a call from Isaac, telling her to go to Derek's loft. When Marley got there, she thought it was an upgrade from the Hale house and the abandoned train that he chained the werepups to. But, it was bare and practically empty. Not to mention that Derek's bedroom wasn't walled off in any way.

"You'll be fine," Derek said. He sat on a chair next to the single table. Marley sat on the edge of the table, one of her legs close to her chest as her foot rested on the wood.

"Does it have to be him?" Isaac asked. Marley had to agree. Peter gave off bad vibes. But she needed it to work and Isaac be safe.

"He knows how to do it. I don't," Derek said. "It would be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

"Scott doesn't trust him," Marley said.

"And well... we trust Scott," Isaac said as he stood to the side of Marley, his hand grazing to hold her shoulder.

"Do you trust me?" Derek asked.

Isaac nodded his head slowly unconvincingly. Marley shook her head no. "Yeah," he said. "But I still don't like him."

"Does anyone?" Marley mumbled. The large door slid open, Peter Hale standing there smugly. He stepped into the building slowly, his boots echoing as they hit the floor.

"Boys. Lady. F.Y.I., yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face," Peter said, stopping in front of Derek. He stared emotionlessly back.

"We don't like you."

"Hum, subtle," Marley coughed, tilting her head to her lap. Yeah, she didn't like Peter, but he was doing them a favour. Erica and Boyd were missing and Marley wanted them returned home safely. Peter was just the werewolf to help.

"Fair enough," Peter said. Marley and Derek moved to sit on the couch as Isaac sat in the chair. "Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

"How do you know how to do this again?" Marley asked. She had no idea what Peter was about to do. Her research had only taken her as far as mountain ash and mistletoe.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them," Peter said as his claws tickled the back of Isaac's neck.

"Reassuring," Marley mumbled, nodding her head.

"You- you've had a lot of experience though, right?" Isaac asked, turning to look at Peter.

"Well I've never parallelised anyone," he said bluntly. 'Great,' Marley thought, 'a complete lunatic, pun intended, could quite possibly kill the love of my life.'

"Wait does that mean that you-" Isaac was cut off as Peter's claws stuck into his neck. He grabbed onto peters arm instantly after feeling the pain. His eyes glowed yellow as they looked to the ceiling. Marley's hairs stood on end.

"Wait I- I see something," Peter said. Isaac jolted again and again. Marley could feel the pain. She was about to step forward and pull Peter off him but Derek put a hand in front of her. Peter and Isaac gasped as they pulled away.

"What did you see?" Derek asked. Marley crouched down in front of Isaac and held his knees. She saw a single tear run down his cheek, and his eyes fade back to baby blue.