• THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH •

"What are you doing here?" Chris Argent asked, sat in his office chair and Allison stood behind him. Marley had taken a trip to the argent house to discuss something. After everything, she needed this.

"So welcoming," Marley said, sitting on the other side of the desk facing them.

"Marley, I am a very busy person," Chris said, giving little to no expression, quite like Derek actually.

"Okay, I came to forgive you," Marley said, clasping her hands together.

"Forgive us?" Allison asked.

"Yeah! So both of you, forgiven," Marley said as she smiled widely.

"Well if that's it then-"

"No, that's not it," Marley said. "As you can tell, I am human. That's great and all, but I have no way of protecting myself."

"So what are you saying?" Allison asked.

"I would like a weapon," Marley requested.

"Absolutely not," Chris said.

"It's the least you could do," Marley said.

"Why should we?"

"Well, you hunted me and my friends," Marley said, pointing to Chris. "And you stabbed me."

"Dad, she has a point," Allison reasoned with him. Chris stared at the desk for a few seconds, contemplating, before looking up again.

"You have to be safe with a weapon," Chris said.

"I know. I'm gonna research all about whatever weapon I get before I use them, don't worry," Marley said, smiling brightly, knowing that she would finally have a way of defence and not just standing behind Scott or Stiles.

"What about these?" Allison asked. She reached under the desk and pulled out a little case. She placed it on the desk and opened it. "Are Chinese Daggers okay?"

"More than okay," Marley said. "They're perfect."

...

Marley picked up her chemistry book, along with a black pen and a loose sock. Her room was a mess to say the least, and she needed to leave in a few minutes to meet Allison who needed to talk to her. The only lesson she had that day was Math but she had just come home from it.

The floor board behind her creaked, right where her window was. Marley stood up straight and slowly reached for the dagger by her draws. Her heart pounded violently as she felt someone stood behind her. A hand fell on her shoulder, but she had just enough time to pin them to the floor and put the dagger against their neck.

"Isaac?" Marley asked as she straddled his chest. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"You weren't at school," Isaac said, hands up by his head, more than shock written on his face.

"My god, I only had one lesson. You scared the shit out of me," Marley sighed, resting her head against his chest.

"I'm pretty scared right now," Isaac said, eyeing up the blade that sat under his neck. Marley moved it away and got off the floor.

"Sorry," she said, helping Isaac to his feet.

"Where'd the knives come from?" Isaac asked, sitting on the end of her bed.

"Oh, the Argents. I thought I should get myself some kind of defence. I stayed up all night researching them," Marley said, casing the dagger into a brown roll up piece of leather. "You'd be surprised at how many different Chinese Dagger manufacturers are still selling."