• RAVING •

"The solution is Copper Chloride plus water and hydrogen."

Marley layed on her bed, her laptop in front of her. She was exhausted to say the least. After being out almost every night saving Beacon Hills and catching up on homework, she barely got any time to herself. Lydia sat on the screen of her computer, the FaceTime buttons just bellow her chest.

"Uh, Marley. We know all of this," Lydia whined. "Can we talk about something else?"

"Like what?" Marley sighed, closing her chemistry book and throwing it to the side.

"Like how cute you and Isaac are," she gushed.

"If I hear one more thing about Isaac I'm gonna throw up," Marley said. The thought of Isaac wasn't sickening, it was the situation he had put Marley in. He didn't make her feel sick on bit. Quite the opposite.

"What happened to you two? You were so awkwardly cute," Lydia asked. Marley's head dropped down into her hands. "Do you love him?"

"Lydia."

"Just answer the question," Lydia commanded gently.

Marley thought for a second. "Maybe."

"I knew it." Lydia rambled about what Marley and Isaac's wedding would look like and how she would be the maid of honour when Marley's phone buzzed.

Message from beta boy
Scott: come to the animal clinic
Marley: am I ever gonna get a good nights sleep?

"Lydia, I'm sorry but I have to go. I gotta pick my brother up from his friends house," Marley lied quickly.

"At 11 o'clock at night?"

"Yeah, sorry. Bye."

...

Marley walked to the Clinic since she still hadn't got her drivers license. She probably wasn't gonna have time to get one now. She sat on the front desk, her legs hanging over like rag dolls. Derek was meant to be coming over and discussing how to find the Kanima and it's master.

The Clinic door opened, a ringing filling the room. "What's he doing here?"

Marley looked up to see Isaac walked in behind Derek. His eye contact was immediately on Marley. He smiled sincerely at her before walking into the  room.

"Now where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?" Derek asked, stopping in front of the front desk. Isaac rested an arm on the counter, excruciatingly close to Marley's leg. She could practically feel his cotton sleeve that was inches from her fingers.

"That depends. Your friend Jackson, are we planning to kill him or save him?" Deaton asked.

Both Derek and Scott gave their answers simultaneously. "Kill." "Save." They looked between each other.

"Save him," Scott clarified. They gathered into the operation room and around the table. Marley stood at the end of Scott so that she was on the outside. Isaac reached forward to touch a line of jars, but was abruptly stopped by Derek.

"Watch what you touch," Derek forced. Marley hated seeing him grab Isaac's arm. She hated it when anyone was too rough on him. Isaac never really thought about other peoples roughness to him, brushing it off as playful, because that was just his nature. But Marley was always scared that Isaac would be hurt by someone physically. Like she was more scared for him that he was for himself.