• THE OVERLOOKED •

"Lydia, are you sure you don't want anything?" Marley asked. "Can I you an ice pack of something?"

"I'm fine," Lydia croaked out, tears glazing over her red eyes. Scott and Stiles had headed over to the hospital after another teachers throat was slashed at the recital. Marley and Allison were in the classroom checking on Lydia. Everything was in the gutter, not to mention the huge storm outside.

"Are you sure? I don't mind-"

"Marley I said I'm fine," Lydia repeated. Allison looked between the two girls, unsure of what to do.

"Lydia, you can't stay here. We need to get you to a hospital," Allison said.

"Beacon memorial is being closed off though," Marley said.

"Then we'll go somewhere else," Allison said, taking Marley's arm. "Come with me."

The girls walked through the halls together, bumping past students that stood by the lockers. The lights above them flickered on and off dramatically. Marley saw Isaac look down at his phone before placing it into his pocket.

"I can't get a hold of Derek or Scott," Isaac said as the girls approached him. "How's Lydia?"

"She's got bruising on her neck. They're taking her to a hospital downtown because Beacon Memorial is being evacuated," Allison explained.

"The storms that bad?" He asked.

"It will be. And I overheard an EMT saying the backup generators might be too old to last if the power goes out," Marley said.

"Beacon memorial. That's where Cora is, right?" Isaac asked.

Chris Argent walked up to the kids, sighing deeply with a stern look. "I'm taking you three home."

"No, I have to get to the hospital," Isaac said, immediately walking down the halls. Marley was just about to follow him. "I can't leave Cora there with just Peter."

"Isaac," Argent said. Marley was sure he was about to tell Isaac off or something. "I'll drive."

...

The Argents car pulled up in the empty car park of Beacon Memorial hospital. Rain hit the car top hardly as they came to a stop. Before the car could even be parked, Isaac had opened the door and was reaching for her hand to pull her out. She was already wet from the rain after leaving the school, but the rain wasn't as heavy then. When she stepped out, she was immediately hit with a wave of cold water running down her body.

Isaac pulled her by her hand and into the front steps of the hospital. There was no one there but a chaotic mess.

"Looks like the evacuation's over," Chris shouted over the rain. Marley scrunched her shoulders tightly, feeling the water trickle down her head and down her back.

"Are you catching a scent?" Allison asked Isaac.

"No, not with the rain this heavy."

...

Marley walked slowly behind Isaac as they all moved down the hospital halls. She planted her feet carefully with each step, desperately trying not to attract any attention. Argent held his gun to the floor and clicked it, readying it.

"I'm gonna take that as a sign you're a little worried," Isaac whispered.

"You think he's worried, I'm having palpitations," Marley whispered back. Isaac nodded after listening to her very jumpy heart beat.